cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return shipping label from Canada to USA

Can someone in the US buy a Canada Post shipping label for a return or would I need a Canadian address to register an account with Canada Post? I did some quick searching but didn't find a quick answer. I'm still working with the buyer on their false claim (fun) so I'm not at the label stage yet, but I'd like to have the info ready.

I'll do more searching later, but figured I'd ask here in case you guys have a quick answer.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for your definitive reply on the new EU VAT invoicing.

As per the shipping label, I once used FedEx for this situation. It took a little playing around on the FedEx website (I have an account there) to get the return address correct, but it worked out fine. I sent the buyer a pdf file of the label.  He sent part of a camera back to me from Canada, and I got it fixed and sent it back to him. He was happy.

Mike

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Canadians can print a USPS label at shippo.com so I would 'guess' that you could print a Canada Post label there.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks guys.

@argy_eyes, I began looking into UPS earlier (more convenient for me than FedEx) and believe that's an option, however the price there would be a lot higher than Canada Post which prompted my post here. If I have to go with an expensive label I will - I'm not giving in to this scammer / freebie-fisher.

@pjcdn2005, I did check the Shippo site earlier because I remember reading here that CA sellers can purchase USPS labels there. I haven't created an account with Shippo to test anything yet, but I was under the impression it wouldn't work for me based on this info from their site:

"Our Canada Post Shipping Software lets you connect your Canada Post account, compare rates, print labels, and streamline your process."

If I had a Canada Post account I could buy the label there without the assistance of Shippo and I don't know that I can create a Canada Post account without a Canadian shipping address. I guess I won't know unless I sign up for Shippo and try it. They might tell me I can't buy a CP label without a CP account.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply