cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return sent, but not registering in eBay – what do I do?

I'm returning an item because it was not as described. I printed the shipping label from eBay, attached it to the package and took a photo before popping into a mailbox on April 21. I sent the photo and the info to the seller right after.

Last night I got a reminder from eBay to "Please send the item back by May 03, 2023. If you don't, we may close this request and you may not receive a refund." What do I need to do to make sure this registers?

I'm concerned because when I checked the tracking number from the return label and there's no information on it. So what do I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Bad news... You have no evidence you ever sent the return.

Always go to the post office and ask them to scan it and get a receipt.

It's hard to say eBay and the seller should be responsible when you have nothing to show you returned it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@luckyspencer7 wrote:

Last night I got a reminder from eBay to "Please send the item back by May 03, 2023. If you don't, we may close this request and you may not receive a refund."

What do I need to do to make sure this registers? 

Use the kiosk at your post office to scan your photo of the return label, to make sure this registers. 

nh7235_0-1683012524722.jpeg

Then go back to your returns page on eBay, to check if it has started tracking. Eventually, when your package is delivered back to the @luckyspencer7 seller.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Update: After May 3rd I was able to manually mark the item as sent by entering the tracking number that was on my return label. Shortly after the seller contacted customer service and my case was closed. I then appealed this and explained my situation, attaching the aforementioned photo and also mentioning that the seller had been unresponsive to the information and my follow-up questions. My order was refunded shortly after.

So yes, I will definitely get the barcode scanned at the post office if I ever need to go through a return process again. But thankfully this worked out, so I wanted the info to be out there in case anyone else get themselves in a similar situation. 😊

Message 4 of 4
latest reply