cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Request By the Buyer

I sold an iPhone phone. A couple of days later I receive a return request stating:

Reason

"Doesn't work or defective"

Comments

"The iPhone 6 home bottom not working"

However the home button not working is clearly stated in my description (see image below). 

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.32.02 PM.png

 The eBay policy states that:

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.33.42 PM.png

NONE OF WHICH I HAVE BROKEN... someone please help me a point me to the policy stating where I must accept a return.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Return Request By the Buyer

You could communicate with him. Maybe he doesn't know how to use the virtual home button (I don't know how either). If you tell him how to do this, he might withdraw his return request.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Have you tried to call the buyer and explain how to use the virtual option?

I have no idea what that is and he may be confused also. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just messaged him instructions, thanks for the recommendation!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@a1_al_epicsatisfaction 

You don't have to accept the return, but you will be refunding.

If you want the phone back before refunding, accept the return and provide return shipping.

You listed the phone as used and according to Ebay:

"Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. "

If the home button doesn't work, it doesn't work as intended.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You listed the phone as “Used”. When you click on the item condition field, you’ll see that eBay’s definition of Used says the item is “fully functional”. An iPhone with a non-working Home button, even with the virtual button feature, is not fully functional.

Your buyer should have read the description thoroughly, but as far as to how to handle this request, you will want to send your buyer a pre paid label so they can return the phone to you for a refund. Refusal to do so may cause eBay to find in your buyer’s favor and issue them a full refund without requiring the item to be sent back to you.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You won't find a policy stating that you must accept a Return.

You will, however, be required to refund. (I don't think you'll find that part in writing either.)

No Returns and no refunds are two different beasts.

To cut your losses, approve the return and tweak the relist. Often, if something sells once, it will again. Good luck!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

As if it makes any difference in this place? You can spell it out in the title, add picture after picture, highlight the issue in red with giant letters and mention it over and over and what difference does it make? The buyer can just give a series of incoherent rambles or non at all, and the result is the same. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I agree, Ebay seems determined to "Bully" sellers into doing what they want and believe you to do. The return polity encourages dishonesty. They, literally, tell the buyers what to say whether it's truth or not. A great deal of the time the reason for the return is buyers remorse, but even with evidence to the contrary they allow buyers (tire kickers) to take advantage sellers. By disregarding their policies to have their way.
The Government made paypal and ebay split, but they still have some sort unwritten cooperative agreement I am certain of it.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I agree, Ebay seems determined to "Bully" sellers into doing what they want and believe you should do. The return policy encourages dishonesty. They, literally, tell the buyers what to say whether it's truth or not. A great deal of the time the reason for the return is buyers remorse, but even with evidence to the contrary they allow buyers (tire kickers) to take advantage sellers by disregarding tsellers policies and to having their way. The Government made paypal and ebay split, but they still have some sort unwritten cooperative agreement I am certain of it. If I leased space in a mall would they dictate my return policies or get in the middle of me and the credit card companies? No! I believe the same should apply to the platform. At least go back handle things on a case by case basis. If the buyer want to go outside of Ebay to paypal let the seller handle his own business.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply