cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received

Hi everyone, I purchased an item from UK on Feb 14. Apparently there was a problem with the item because for some reason,  only my postal code was saved on the order. (Not blaming ebay, it could have been my own fault).

I contacted the seller who requested that i pay for postage again so that they can send the item to me. Fair, but at that point i decided that i did not really want the item after all and initiated a refund. 

Ebay tells me that a full refund was being processed and will be sent to my paypal by March 24th. Great. However on March 24th i received a message saying that 0 has been refunded to my original payment method. 

I thought it was a glitch as ebay already said they will process a full refund and left it. 

March 28th, today. No refund received still. Upset i decided to check up on the order which was now closed. Apparently seller contacted me and asked me to "do the right thing and pay for postage since i provided the wrong address." 

Okay, I can pay for postage, but i kinda don't want to anymore because my money still hasn't even come in. Ebay is your policy really so **bleep** that you would allow a seller to refund $0 back to me and call it a "full refund?" I want answers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Refund not received

Just confirming that your transaction took place on ebay.com?

If it took place on ebay.co.uk, you might want to check the UK discussion boards to make sure procedures for ebay.co.uk are the same as they are for ebay.com (mainly North America).

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Refund not received

I did it through the ebay app, could have gotten the wrong forum. Apologies if i did
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Refund not received

Yeah, no doubt. We've heard the rumor that the UK link is directing people to ebay.com. That's why I have a canned response to every UK member who posts on the ebay.com discussion boards!

While most policies might be the same, I'm just not comfortable posting advice that may have some quirky differences because of UK or EU* laws/regulations.

Good luck!

*Until Brexit is completed, anyway, if that even happens.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply