cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received from seller.

Any suggestions?  This is the message I’m trying to get to eBay through their help center, but like PayPal, I can’t get any communications through:

I have returned items from two auctions ( for which the seller authorized returns for.  I shipped them to the address given by the seller.  They were received by the seller on May, 11, 2020.  (USPS tracking:  9302020585500007064101 & 9302020585600012627510.). Since the seller received my authorized returns, I have not heard from him nor received refunds.

I opened cases with you and you closed them because I mistakenly also tried to get a refund on the PapPal site.  I have repeatedly not been able to get through to PayPal.  I will close the PayPal cases if you can help me.  PayPal has already closed one of the cases in favor of the seller.  Your dispute numbers are 5233499617 and 5233500634, for $15.60 and $15.63.  The items are metal nose strips.  These items were listed with a shipping location in the U.S.  (The seller has made many revisions to his auction.)

As soon as the tracking numbers came up, I could see the items were being shipped from overseas.  Shortly after the auction purchases, the seller noted on the auction pages that they were away.  Obviously by this time I was worried about my purchases.  I specifically ordered from this seller, chair_78, because they had their items listed as being in the U.S.  I did not have time to wait for items being shipped from overseas.

I reordered nose strips from another eBay seller who also listed his items as being shipped from the U.S.  Again, the tracking number showed his items were being shipped from overseas.  This second seller refunded my total purchase price.

I ended up ordering my supplies from a Stateside seller on another sales site and received the items without any problems, so as much as the eBay seller, chair_78, tried to convince me to keep his items, they are useless to me now.  If he had shipped from the U.S., I would have received his items in time.  As is, I no longer need his items because of the length of time it took to receive them since he was dishonest about his product locations.  My total orders from chair_78 arrived three weeks after purchase.  Please note that I am aware shipping times have been sometimes delayed, but any purchase from overseas even normally would be too long for my needs, thus I ordered my items that were supposed to already be Stateside.

I have been both a seller and buyer on your site for over 20 years.  This chair_78 seller is only the second negative feedback I’ve left a seller in all that time in over 1,000 transactions.  I did not give them lightly.  Speaking of which, my feedback I left him was showing in his feedback, but is now missing.  Can you tell me why it was removed?  Chair_78 is racking up the negatives and yet he is still allowed to be an eBay seller.  I don’t understand.

I need your help recouping my $15.63 and $15.60 for the items the seller authorized the return for.  Again, the returned items were delivered to the seller’s return address on May 11, 2020.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Refund not received from seller.

Big sellers get their negative feedback removed easily.  If it's a small seller, fat chance!  It's all programmed.  Handled within minutes.  Most like by robots.  No right or wrong.  just $$.  No sense.  Sad...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you. Next time check the sellers feedback and country of registration. chair_78 is registered in Malaysia and has over a hundred negative feed-backs. Should have tipped you off up front.

I opened cases with you and you closed them because I mistakenly also tried to get a refund on the PapPal site. 

DO NOT try and open a case with Paypal when you already opened a case with ebay.  Once tracking shows DELIVERED back to the seller, the seller has 5 days to refund you.  If no refund, then go back to the case and click the option to Ask ebay to step in to force the refund.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My problem is that eBay has closed the dispute so there is no way to communicate with them through the original dispute about the items being returned to the seller.  PayPal has closed one dispute without making the seller  refund my money even though the items have been returned back to the seller.  The other PayPal dispute with the same seller is still under review, but I suspect they will allow the seller to keep my money.  Communicating with PayPal Is pretty much impossible right now.  In trying to contact them, I am able to connect through the chat feature, but then I get the message that the chat line isn’t working.  I’m about ready to contact my bank to see if I can get a charge back made.   

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@promisednot2bid wrote:

PayPal has closed one dispute without making the seller  refund my money even though the items have been returned back to the seller. The other PayPal dispute with the same seller is still under review, but I suspect they will allow the seller to keep my money.

You mentioned this earlier as well. What reason did PayPal explain your return closed without a refund; did your seller provide one return address on the eBay return label, and then a different return address at PayPal?

Yes, definitely file chargebacks on each of the the 2 returns: Provide the tracking numbers showing the items items were returned using the eBay return labels. Don't mention the PayPal cases, they're irrelevant: Simply, you returned the items, didn't get refunds.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

These days it is very hard to straighten out problems on eBay.  Not to mention you made a mistake filing with PayPal instead of eBay.   And I wouldn't touch those in Indonesia or Malaysia with a ten foot pole.  Those regions are well known dens of the shady ...    However, you can try chargeback.  

I've bought probably over 200 items from South East Asia.  Only had two INR.  One was quickly refunded.  This recent one bought on Feb 26.  Shipped on March 2.  Still not delivered even today May 31.  Estimated date will end late June.  Nearly four month for two pairs of thin light socks which are not even 5 oz.  Seller uses Economic shipping rout which I didn't notice at the time of purchase.  It's way past time to leave feedback or even open a case.  I would not leave neg for such small thing anyway.   I'll write it off as a cheap lesson.  I won't buy from any seller uses economic shipping to mail light weight items.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply