cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Refund in limbo

I have a buyer that initiated a return for a pair of shoes that she said didn't fit (no problem, I welcome returns) on Apr. 27th. Nobody has heard from her since, she's MIA. She has zero feedback (most likely used her credit card for this one transaction, not an Ebay buyer) and has not responded, has NOT sent tracking or item back and Paypal still has my money on hold. My question is how to proceed, and do I contact Ebay or Paypal when my refund is in limbo like this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am pretty sure that if a Seller accepts a return, there is a "ship by" date for the buyer, that at least shows movement. The 27th is Saturday, and if you have not at least received either the tracking number or the pkg back, I would call eBay and have them close it in your favor. I would do it now because it should not take any buyer to return an item. Now if I am incorrect, someone please correct me as I do not want to post incorrect information. Then wait for the buyer to come here and start a thread "seller has my item and money" 🙂
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@postingid2017 ... OP said "APRIL 27" 😉

@thetopkitty ... The buyer had 5 days to use the label that eBay issues.

You can either call eBay and have them close the return, or, since its almost a month already, let it time out after 30 days.

I would do the call eBay thing.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

5. Pack the item carefully. Include the packing slip, apply the shipping label, and send the item back to the seller. You must return the item within 5 business days of requesting the return. It's a good practice to include tracking information when returning an item.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly - thanks - they way I typed it I should have included the April to May date 🙂  Unlike some, I appreciate assistance 😉  Just boggles my mind when one asks for help and because they are not hearing the answer they want they go into attack mode.  One will never learn anything that way

I think I need a nap - making too many typos 😉

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

OK, thanks! Pack the item carefully? Yes, she should have done that almost a month ago, lol! 😉

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why would you contact anyone, especially the buyer? Let sleeping dogs lie.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The shoes didn't fit so you didn't pay for a return label correct?
Either way you waited more then long enough, as posted call & have them close the return

I just had a didn't fit return request , I agreed but the buyer was to ship back by May 19th, in the return request it never showed as them shipping back so I called ebay today & they closed the return request , 1st ebay message will say it's under review but then you will get a 2nd message like below.

jacket return 2.JPG

Message 7 of 7
latest reply