cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about delivery

Something I bought was scheduled for an early delivery today, but now says “carrier attempted to deliver your item” and “held at post office.” It’s Saturday and the Post Office is closed, should I just wait for Monday to see if it gets re-delivered? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Question about delivery

If they didn't leave you a little peach-colored slip indicating that the package is ready for you to come pick up, chances are they are going to try to redeliver. I've never had them hold something at the post office WITHOUT leaving the slip to let you know that it's there.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Question about delivery

@jus_963963 wrote:

Something I bought was scheduled for an early delivery today, but now says “carrier attempted to deliver your item” and “held at post office.” It’s Saturday and the Post Office is closed, should I just wait for Monday to see if it gets re-delivered? 

Taking that second status at face value, they will now wait for you to come and get it. Our post office is similar: they will make one attempt to deliver the package, and after that you get a pickup notice. 

That said, if getting to the post office on Monday will be a hassle, I would just wait and see if it's delivered. If not, then you'll know that it's up to you to collect it. (It's been a while since I saw a pickup notice, but there might also be an option on it for you to have it delivered to a neighbor instead.) They'll generally hold it for 10 days or more before returning it to the sender.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Question about delivery

If they didn't leave you a little peach-colored slip indicating that the package is ready for you to come pick up, chances are they are going to try to redeliver. I've never had them hold something at the post office WITHOUT leaving the slip to let you know that it's there.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Question about delivery

If it isn't delivered on Monday, then maybe check with your local PO Monday PM or Tuesday about what you need to do to get your package.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply