cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased an AncestryDNA kit, 3 months later I find out it was invalidated. Refund?

Okay, so I bought the kit for about 45 bucks.  I recieved it then sent my saliva sample and registered it on their website.  For 3 months I waited as it was stuck on processing sample.  I contacted their agents every few weeks about it, and they were all clueless.  Finally, a recent inquiry that an agent submitted shows that the kit was cancelled by the seller.  I know that sounds vague, but the agent's words were "the kit was cancelled by the seller, please contact the seller".  So basically I was sold an invalid kit that wasn't being accepted by AncestryDNA, for whatever reason they decided to block the seller.  It's 3 MONTHS Later since I bought it.  I message the seller exposing his con, and he doesn't respond.  What should I do, is ebay on my side or do I have no claim?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Purchased an AncestryDNA kit, 3 months later I find out it was invalidated. Refund?

@maaparve_0 Ebays money back guarantee is valid for 30 days after you received the item. No exceptions. If you paid for the purchase with PayPal, you have 180 days from the date of payment to file a claim with them. Do it now. Otherwise credit card chargeback is another option. This seems to be a common occurance with DNA kits purchased on eBay. Good luck!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

File an item not as described claim with PayPal
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@maaparve_0 Ebays money back guarantee is valid for 30 days after you received the item. No exceptions. If you paid for the purchase with PayPal, you have 180 days from the date of payment to file a claim with them. Do it now. Otherwise credit card chargeback is another option. This seems to be a common occurance with DNA kits purchased on eBay. Good luck!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks a bunch ! I bought it with paypal.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply