cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail Package Being Bounced Around Post Offices, No Updates in 2 Days?!

So I sent out a package on the 11th, 2-day priority mail from the Philadelphia Area to New Jersey (a trip that often takes one day.)

Somehow this package has been bounced to FOUR DIFFERENT New Jersey facilities since then, and STILL hasn't reached the destination. The last info updated by the USPS was on the 13th, 2 days ago.

It just so happens this is a package for which paypal is holding my $200 in funds for (I still don't understand why, as I have had sales go through since and the funds were not held.)

What in the hell is going on? I know if I call 1800ASKUSPS they are just going to see the same tracking info that I see and have no updates for me! 😞

YaimAxt

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What's the buyer's ZIP Code?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

07064 - about five minutes drive from the post office the package has allegedly been waiting at for days.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sounds like they have mis-placed your package.  Did you insure it?  If so, make a claim.  If not, you may be SOL. 

Somehow, if you sign up for email notices of scanning information, it sometimes kicks a package lose.  It would be worth a try. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm not sure where to sign up to get email notices for an outgoing package. I'm only seeing how to sign up for "informed delivery", ie: scans of incoming packages at my address.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I spoke to the USPS customer service number this morning. I was told that all of those various locations being scanned in were "computer generated" and to ignore them. The whole thing is just baffling, but at least now I have a case number.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

...then I called the regional post office it says the package is sitting at, and the guy there swore it was "definitely delivered" and that it went out with their "thousands of pieces of mail" that day. He was REALLY condescending, but he just said that somehow they didn't scan the delivery in properly and he was going to take care of it. 😕
Message 7 of 7
latest reply