cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage Scam

I buy from Ebay on a regular basis from small to large items,

Unfortunately my last buyer has taken the mickey, I was told after the seller had checked with  DHL the package would cost me 40 Euro from Germany To Malta , This is for a package 2.5 kilo from what i was shown from the official DHL receipt, 

Now about 2 years ago I bought a wall tv stand from Germany over 10 kilos and i paid less, Anyways i wanted this item fast insured and with tracking as its something urgent and fragile, The seller sends me a copy of the receipt but turns the price not to show just the weight, I said ok he made a few euro extra fine let it slide,

Now here are my points why i am asking here for advice , I bought this item on a Sunday, He did not send till a Thursday, That's 4 days , Now apart from that i find out he sent by DHL but standard rate, i went on the German DHL wed site and checked prices max price would be 17 euro. 

So not only did seller not send his excuse was bust at work no time and then he said many people with covid. Just to add i bought this on the 21st march 2022, 

When i tried to get any info re DHL i was told it was not sent EXPRESS Its was sent by Deutsche Post not with DHL Express, So what i found out was Half with DHL half with Deutsche post, 

Its been 6 days from today and still its not left 

Germany from what i can understand from the tracking i was provided with, 

How would you take this mater ? Can i get a refund re postage charge that i paid extra and did not get?

Thanks in advance for any replies 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Postage Scam

As long as the seller shipped within their handling time, then that part of this is irrelevant.

What matters is the shipping service they used and the shipping service you paid for.

If the listing advertised express shipping and you paid for that service, then the seller used a slower shipping method, then you could file a not as described claim. eBay will require you return the product to get a refund. The seller will need to pay return shipping.

There is no way to get a partial refund for just the shipping unless you ask the seller and they voluntarily agree to it.

This assumes you purchased the item on.com - if you purchased it on .de then the rules may be different so you should ask on the .de discussion boards for assistance.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply