cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor packing

I am both a buyer and seller on eBay so I know how shipping works and what the discount is that ebay gives to sellers who purchase labels on ebay and the charges they have on shipping costs.

Lately I have been receiving items insufficiently packaged that have caused damage to the item.  In some cases, like the one I received today that was dented due to it bouncing around unsecured in the box even though it had  a minimal bubble wrapping on it.   I recently purchased some pewter where the seller just put it in a box and it banged and dented its ways to me!  This even though I warned them that pewter, regardless of its weight, is a soft metal that bends and dents easily.

I know shipping is expensive and I know what it costs to ship something.  IN these cases, I have found the seller to be cutting corners on the shipping to make additional $$.

It is getting very frustrating, and others I know have had the same experience.  My daughter got a tile sent in a bubble envelope only!  Needless to say it didn't make it.  The seller was suppose to send it in a box and she paid over $13.00 in shipping charges.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Poor packing

It is just getting frustrating, and we have decided not to purchase as we did on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Poor packing

That's why there is the MBG.

Those sellers are going to have to change how they package items or Ebay will deal with them.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Poor packing

You are right Ken.  They usually wonder what was the problem.  And, sadly, eBay has has to step in.  The absolute worst packaging I ever received was, sit down for this, a porcelain plate that the seller just put in a brown paper bag, no padding, nadda.  I received a jingling bunch of broken pieces and the seller wanted to fight with me that I was scamming them!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Poor packing

One of the skills some Ebay buyers never can master is how to tell the difference between a professional Ebay seller and an amateur seller.

You learn to look for other signs that the seller is an amateur in their listings, pictures and feedback. When you are wrong there is the MBG.

All too many sellers have no idea how to package breakable items. They aren't saving money on shipping, they just have no clue. They lose money on every MBG claim.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply