cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - your shipping labels have adjustments

Hello,

I have got a message from ebay saying that my shipping labels have adjustments. I was charged $43.26 extra on the shipping. But when I look at the carried message : The carrier has reported that the weight of your package was 32.90 lbs. But I made the shipping label for the weight of 33lbs. So The actual package weight is actually less than  33 lbs. I dont understand why there is a cost adjustment ($43.26). Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 7.47.40 PM~2.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

gator08041971_0-1711508544517.png

This is what bit you.  They adjusted it because the package size was larger and put the weight into that bracket.  So they billed you for 36lbs.

Not sure where the glitch is, or if your original dimensions were different, but that is why its showing that way.

Anytime a package has one side get longer than 24, weird things happen. I have recently had to ship a couple of heavy large packages, though I used UPS instead.  Still was expensive.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. But even with 36lbs with 22 x 27 x10 dimention it wont cost $76. I tried to create another shipping label for the same order and I have attached the screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 8.11.22 PM~4.jpg

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi @crater-treasures 

The 27 x 22 x 10 would mean 5,940 cubic inches.  I don't use FedEx but USPS starts charging higher rates for their Cubic rate (used to be referred to as Dimensional weight) for package volumes over 1,728 cubic inches. 

Jumping to Cubic rate can double and triple coast to coast shipments from PA to CA or OR or WA and even UT.

Years ago I had a similar situation with Fedex on a couple of packages shipped around the same time,  Buyers paid "X" and I was charged about Two times "X".  That was when you were billed for FedEx labels AFTER the item shipped.  Neither FedEx nor eBay could explain why it was happening or explain the additional unspecified charges, my boxes were small too, so I stopped using them ... they lost my business.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

i have this same issue.  i won't even dispute an inch or a pound here and there, but when you do what you just did and simulate the larger dimensions or weight, it is nowhere near the adjusted price.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

gator08041971_0-1711512504368.png

While I'm seeing the same cost, look at retail cost.......   That discrepancy is huge.  70% savings?   I call **bleep**.  Maybe there is a calculator error going on, but good luck getting eBay to admit it.

There is no way in hell I would trust FedEx via eBay to buy labels from them, even if I did have a place to drop the packages.

Now, Pirateship on the other hand, might have a better result:

gator08041971_1-1711512782344.png

But they appear higher.  UPS might have been the way to go with your package:

gator08041971_2-1711512874758.png

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Another thought occurred to me:

Home Delivery.  Is there any chance that can only be used to ship to a residence?  And if its NOT shipped to a residence, could they hit you with a surcharge?

Just wondering.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@gator08041971 wrote:

Another thought occurred to me:

Home Delivery.  Is there any chance that can only be used to ship to a residence?  And if its NOT shipped to a residence, could they hit you with a surcharge?

Just wondering.

@gator08041971   Residential surcharge on the OP's first bill shows $ 4.51.

Here's a better thought ... we are nearing the end of First Quarter and FedEx needs to get it's numbers up for shareholders so they are nicking customers with unexplained and unjustified "Cost adjustments" to increase their income ... 

Regards,
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Oh, they charge you even more for that.  How quaint.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@gator08041971 wrote:

Oh, they charge you even more for that.  How quaint.

@gator08041971 

Here's a better thought ... we are nearing the end of First Quarter and FedEx needs to get it's numbers up for shareholders so they are nicking customers with unexplained and unjustified "Cost adjustments" to increase their income ... 

Regards,
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Sadly, that is a theory I would easily believe.

Pretty much no way in hell will I use Fed Ex at this point.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I've had the same issues. EBAY says call FEDEX. FEDEX won't even talk to you without an account number.

No discrepancies in the dimensions or weight of these packages. Each is hit with an additional $15-20 -- nothing about the package is in dispute. ONLY the prices changed.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-13-45 Track and manage your shipments.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-13-56 Track and manage your shipments.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-14-01 Track and manage your shipments.pngScreenshot 2024-03-27 at 05-14-12 Track and manage your shipments.png

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply