cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with case timeline after return.

Hello,  If anyone could help me understand this, I would appreciate it. I received an item that was defective, I opened a return request. The Seller wanted to argue and insisted that I close the return. I refused to get into an argument and stayed polite and professional. The Seller accepted the return a few hours before I could ask eBay to step in. I carefully packed and padded the item in a shipping box, sending it back just as I received it. It was delivered back to the Seller a few days later. The Seller immediately opened a case claiming the item was in a different condition. As I said, I returned the item just as I received it. In the return case, messages, the Seller was upset about the shipping cost. I believe that is the reason that a case was opened against me using an untruthful reason. The Seller opened this case on OCT. 28. it is now Nov. 1. The case detail say Hang on, we're reviewing your case. This seems like a long time for eBay to take action and review a case. When do you think this will be resolved?  Should I continue to wait or go to PayPal? This is a small amount of money, less than $20.00.  Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please help me with case timeline after return.

Do NOT go to Paypal, just be patient and wait for eBay to step back in to the case.  it can take them a week or more sometimes.  If you go to Paypal before eBay is done, eBay will close the case against you and SO WILL PAYPAL.  Both will think you are trying to get a double refund. 

If you lose the case, then go to Paypal, or even to your credit card company. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do NOT go to Paypal, just be patient and wait for eBay to step back in to the case.  it can take them a week or more sometimes.  If you go to Paypal before eBay is done, eBay will close the case against you and SO WILL PAYPAL.  Both will think you are trying to get a double refund. 

If you lose the case, then go to Paypal, or even to your credit card company. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@myboardid    Thank you. I appreciate your kind help more than you could ever know.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply