cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Refund Failure

I recently sold an item however the buyer decided they did not want the item upon seeing the box being slightly damaged. I happily accepted the return.

I immediatly offered a partial refun which the buyer accepted (A few dollars off the orriginal, or just enough to cover the shipping charges)

However, when i submitted to send the refund, a message was left stating:

Unfortunately, the refund that you sent didn't go through. To get more details or try again, go To PayPal.

I have done so many times but cannot find out a way to reissue the refund. I know i can send the money directly to the buyer, however i want the case to be closed as well as my final value fee removed from my monthly invoice.

I look forward to hearing your advice! Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Partial Refund Failure

if your buyer funded the purchase with any eBay Bucks, you cannot partially refund, only fully refund.

And if the item is being returned, don't try to pay for the label with a partial refund: You will be refunding in full after the return is delivered back.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Partial Refund Failure

You may have misunderstood, 

I offered a partial refund so the buyer could KEEP the item and we could avoid the returning hassel.  However when i sent the partial refund, eBay said there was a problem with my payment as listed above in my previous post.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Partial Refund Failure

@crush.inc wrote:

You may have misunderstood, 

I offered a partial refund so the buyer could KEEP the item and we could avoid the returning hassel.  However when i sent the partial refund, eBay said there was a problem with my payment as listed above in my previous post.

Yes, we understand that. Did you not understand the reply explaining how eBay Bucks affect the ability to do partial refunds?

When was the item paid for?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Partial Refund Failure

The transaction was instant pay via paypal. And last month was the date of purchase.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply