cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package went to wrong person

Somehow a package I thought I sent to South Carolina went to 110 International Blvd Glendale Heights Il 60139.  Perhaps I used the wrong QRS code, but I was unable to find any of my buyers had that address. Anyway-It was a 20 pound box of Vintage Perfume and I paid the extra insurance.  I would like the box returned to me-I have already refunded the buyer that never received it. Is this an eBay distribution  center?  If so, is there any way I can reach them?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is a shipping hub for eBay.

I assume it was only going somewhere in the USA.

I do recall having something I sent get wet with perfume in the mail per a buyer a while back...bottle of something sent in the mail by someone.

Not really anyone to call that would be of much help.

Is tracking showing movement? And did eBay refund you...TRS?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Looks like the EIS shipping hub. Did you not have an international buyer on this or another one? I am really not sure what EIS will do with a package sent by mistake. I would try and contact Ebay and ask them. May be best to do that through Facebook.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Dumb question here-Is there a phone number to contact eBay?  Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It is a shipping hub for eBay.

I assume it was only going somewhere in the USA.

I do recall having something I sent get wet with perfume in the mail per a buyer a while back...bottle of something sent in the mail by someone.

Not really anyone to call that would be of much help.

Is tracking showing movement? And did eBay refund you...TRS?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I smell big problems here....   Perfume can't be shipped by the EIS program.  It's flammable.  Even when shipping within the US it has to go ground.  This may have been missed it because the category was Collectibles.  What does the buyer's ID show for the country they live in?

Edited, you don't have international shipping enabled for this item.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@williegrl wrote:

Somehow a package I thought I sent to South Carolina went to 110 International Blvd Glendale Heights Il 60139.  Perhaps I used the wrong QRS code, but I was unable to find any of my buyers had that address. Anyway-It was a 20 pound box of Vintage Perfume and I paid the extra insurance.  I would like the box returned to me-I have already refunded the buyer that never received it. Is this an eBay distribution  center?  If so, is there any way I can reach them?

That address is for one of the eBay International Shipping (eIS) hubs @williegrl . Sounds like you did use the wrong label / QR code. There is slim to no chance you'll ever see that package again. eIS will most likely liquidate the contents. If you contact customer service they will probably tell you there's nothing they can do. There's no direct number sellers/buyers can call to get in touch with the eIS hub.

Was it already delivered? If not, you can attempt a package recall through USPS.

If it's too late for that, you should keep track and write off the loss when you file your 2024 taxes.

Was this the $500+ lot? Ouch. 🙁 You can send a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams and ask if they're able to contact the eIS hub with tracking and see if they can refuse / return to sender. I don't think there's a real shot if I'm being honest, but it's not going to hurt to ask

ebayforbusiness on facebook, ebayforsellers on insta, askebay on X

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Did the shipping codes get switched?  Did the Sterling Pin/Fur Clip get delivered without issue?  It was the only thing sold around that time that could have gone to international hub.  Did you get any shipping adjustment notice or charges from the PO about using a label twice?   This was a package from about a month ago.  If it were being shipped back I think you would have received it by now.  Did the buyer open an item not received case and ask for a refund?  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The fur clip went to the wrong person, but I have gotten that straightened out.  I got no PO notice of shipping adjustment charges.  I worked with the buyer  and already have refunded them.  I just can't figure out where that QRS code came from that would have that address.  Oh well-lesson learned.  I won't look to get it back-just hoping.  Thanks for your response-I appreciate you!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Looks like it's a lost cause-but I wanted to make sure that I did everything I could.  Thanks for taking the time to respond-I appreciate you!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am not sure how to get a refund from Ebay.  It was supposed to go to someone in the United States.  Tracking shows that it was delivered .  What is TRS?  Thanks you for your response!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

TRS is top rated seller.  I'm not sure what the poster was referring to as eBay doesn't refund sellers when an item sent within the US goes to the wrong person whether they are TRS or not.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply