cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package picked up, tracking won't update!

Hello! I've been selling just a few of my things for about a year now. I haven't had any trouble so far, and have been mostly using usps and having them pick up my packages with the regular mail to ship out. I had a buyer win an auction on an item of mine last week. Their package was picked up from my porch on Thursday but the tracking still says "label created. Usps waiting for item" or the like. It wouldn't normally be a problem, but the buyer has already written me, asking  what's going on. Local post office claims they shipped it out already. What should I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I always like to see buyer squirm a little.  No just kidding.  You can explain the postal service has gotten very lax in scanning packages anymore.  Many only get scanned at delivery and some never do.  Just try to calm the buyer.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ladyjade77 There really isn't anything you can do. USPS has become very lax at scanning packages. This is the main reason why I always take my items to my local post office and hold them in my hand until they get scanned. You can ask your mailperson to scan them as accepted when they come to pick them up, but that means you will have to be waiting for them at your door. To your buyer it can "look" as if you only printed the label but didn't actually ship it. The accepted scan is your only way to show you actually shipped the item. 

Most likely your package will be delivered, and your buyer will be happy. For now, just placate them by mentioning how backed up USPS is and how they just don't scan as they used to, etc. Buyer also cannot do anything until the estimated date of delivery has passed so you are still good. Just have to smooth things with your buyer. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Alrighty then. I did tell the buyer that  the post office said everything's going okay and they seemed fine with that. Honestly I always like to make sure everything gets where it should also. I know how they feel. Thanks everyone!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Said it before and It bears repeating.

eBayers that follow an item from the moment the label is created until delivery are soon disappointed.   Down that path leads to heartache and anguish.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply