cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package missing

I shipped the item and buyer didnt received after a month. Tracking in my country already show item already handed over to the receiver country, but they didnt find any record at the receiver country.

so what should i do now? alraedy summit the complain report to local pos office. and buyer request for refund.

thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Package missing

If you don't have proof of delivery to the buyer, you will have to refund them.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

Yes, this is a down side when selling ar ebay.

Basically, tracking post only confirm item has reach its destination. But not necessary the person who receive it. Is all depend on local post office system.

Sometime people beat the system with this. Fact of life in doing online business.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

You issue a refund, but I wouldn't do it unless there is a case open. An email with a drop dead date works sometimes. Something like: "Dear Buyer, I'm sorry your item is delayed, however international shipment's can take up to 30 days to receive. If the item hasn't been received by Oct 15, 2017, I will issue a refund. Thanks for your understanding and patience". This way they feel like your willing to refund if they would just wait.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

OK, i give you guys more details. I have tracking number and i sent from Malaysia to Canada, small packet, around 500gm.

my country tracking shows " Item dispatched out VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE"

I read from the feedback, on almost lots of negative comment of this centre. all the parcel delay especially from Asia.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/online-shoppers-irked-by-delivery-delays-caused-by-backlog-at-postal-proce...

If the buyer open a case do i get my seller protection program from ebay?  if refund to  buyer, how about they received the stock after few months?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

@wshiong78 wrote:

OK, i give you guys more details. I have tracking number and i sent from Malaysia to Canada, small packet, around 500gm.

my country tracking shows " Item dispatched out VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE"

I read from the feedback, on almost lots of negative comment of this centre. all the parcel delay especially from Asia.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/online-shoppers-irked-by-delivery-delays-caused-by-backlog-at-postal-proce...

If the buyer open a case do i get my seller protection program from ebay?  if refund to  buyer, how about they received the stock after few months?

You don't qualify for seller protection unless you have proof of delivery to the buyer. You have no recourse if the buyer is refunded and then gets the item months later. You can ask the buyer to repay or return the item but they can't be forced to do either of those. So as it stands now, if the buyer were to open a case, you would lose and not have any seller protection. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

@wshiong78 wrote:

There really is no seller protection. My answer stands.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Package missing

Encounter twice for shipping to Canada. I don't sell to Canada from now.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply