cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package delivered but not received by the buyer ...

I have been buying on ebay for over 10 years, but this is the first time I got into such a situation. I made an order, seller shipped and provided tracking number. Shipment via UPS. Based on the status, the package has been delivered. And someone signed for it. But the fact is that I did not receive the package. It was not delivered to me. I opened a case on this issue, but ebau decided in favor of the seller. This is predictable. I understand. But what should I do in this situation? What steps should I take to receive my order or refund?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, so unfortunately you are going to have to do a bit of work to get this "fixed" or at least investigated.  THEN if you get positive results you can appeal eBay's decision.

Have you contacted the seller to determine if they uploaded the correct tracking number to your order?  Just ask, do not "discuss" anything with them, do not debate them. Just ask in the chance that the wrong number was listed.

The "fix" to this is to go to the shipper and get the Address (GPS Coordinates) for where the package was scanned as "delivered".  If that address shows your address then there was porch piracy and eBay, nor the seller can help you - file a police report.  IF the delivery scan is not your address, the you will need to get a letter from the shipper:

• on shipper letterhead
  • signed by an employee (with printed name of course)
  • contact info for employee, so eBay can all & verify
  • State the tracking number & address where package was delivered

You get that letter and send it to eBay as part of an Item Not Received (INR) case or an appeal to such a case and eBay will apply the MBG and see to it that you are refunded.

Sorry this happened, but this is the only way with eBay or PP to get this resolved in your favor.

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

OK, so unfortunately you are going to have to do a bit of work to get this "fixed" or at least investigated.  THEN if you get positive results you can appeal eBay's decision.

Have you contacted the seller to determine if they uploaded the correct tracking number to your order?  Just ask, do not "discuss" anything with them, do not debate them. Just ask in the chance that the wrong number was listed.

The "fix" to this is to go to the shipper and get the Address (GPS Coordinates) for where the package was scanned as "delivered".  If that address shows your address then there was porch piracy and eBay, nor the seller can help you - file a police report.  IF the delivery scan is not your address, the you will need to get a letter from the shipper:

• on shipper letterhead
  • signed by an employee (with printed name of course)
  • contact info for employee, so eBay can all & verify
  • State the tracking number & address where package was delivered

You get that letter and send it to eBay as part of an Item Not Received (INR) case or an appeal to such a case and eBay will apply the MBG and see to it that you are refunded.

Sorry this happened, but this is the only way with eBay or PP to get this resolved in your favor.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There should be a pinned link on top of the boards for all of these same answers to the same questions that are asked multiple times.

Or an FAQ page, if ebay was smart enough, for "What do I do if ...." or "What happens when ....".

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Oh I agree!  But who would read them?  It is much easier to just post, rather than even use the search function.

Best I can tell "History" is boring and irrelevant, just gimme an instant responses.😱

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The search function on the boards are .... well ... pretty much less than useless.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply