cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of paper, Can i used Cotton Paper for labels?

So ran out of Paper and I have these old cotton paper by Wausau. can use theses to print out label until get my paper from store?

25% cotton they are meant to be used for Writing with pen. and seems can used them for printer too

But Just wondering the rules on paper that can used to print

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No known rules on paper type. Will they feed through your printer?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

well just did test run they seem to print out just fine they are at else 20 years old something i found inside my mom storage closet.  So no known rules on paper.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

As long as your printer can actually use the cotton paper, it's ok to use. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There are different varieties of cotton paper. Some are very smooth and others are textured. If it's textured paper then I wouldn't use it - it could make the bar code too difficult to scan. Do you have a few sheets of paper that you can reuse/upcycle and print on the reverse side? @tazgma311 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I cut most of my labels out of most of my paper . any extra left over ones will be slice . the cottons ones are very smooth

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It should be no problem.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@tazgma311 

There are no rules on what kind of paper that you can use. I used the same kind of smooth cotton paper and had no issues. I did put clear tape over the lables though. I had no problems with the paper. I used all the cotton paper I had until it was gone. 

Just like you I found the paper in my moms storage closet. 

Dave

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@tazgma311 wrote:

the cottons ones are very smooth

Then you're good to go. The only reason to not use a certain type of paper is if it interferes with the barcode being scanned.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply