cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our preferred reimbursement payment method.

On 4/5  eBay Customer Support decided we had asked them to reviewed a case (we had just asked a question) and they made a final decision, which was "We issued a full refund …  deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method." - BUT the list of 'closed returns' doesn't show a refund - it shows the status as 'Escalated' and a 'refund due' amount, but no amount under the 'refund issued' column.  Checked pp, no refund.

And I don't remember setting up a preferred reimbursement thing. And if I did it would have been paypay.  Where does it show our preferred reimbursement thing.  Can not find it on any of the links under the account tab.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Home > My eBay > My Account
https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayMyAccounts

Payment methods for Seller Fees → Change automatic payment method
https://arbd.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PaymentSelectionShowV4&v2redirectpage=2534

Automatic payment method
We'll use this payment method to charge you for any fees relating to your selling
activity, for buyer reimbursements, and for any other future eBay charges.

The seller fee automatic payment method and the newer "reimbursement method" were 2 separate things, but got merged a few years ago when eBay T&C changed, and they allowed themselves to directly reimburse buyers from your funding sources rather than a reversal of the PayPal transaction.

So the credit card, checking account, or PayPal account specified in that site setting is your reimbursement method that eBay uses to directly reimburse buyers as needed.

As far as what is going on with no refund showing - no idea. Checking to see what your reimbursement source is might shed some light - if a credit card there may be a charge to that source.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

OP here

Thanks for the info. So our pp account is the automatic payment method for everything - fees, refunds and buying.  About he refund deal, as our pp always has money in it and the bank linked never does, as of now still no money removed. And checked last two invoices, no charge there either.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply