cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened return case after 3 weeks,30 day returns

I have a lady that bought a coat last month & now 3 weeks later wants to return it because all of a sudden it's too small LMFAO. Anyways NO CHOICE but to accept the return since our ONLY choice is 30 days returns,Not even departments stores offer 30 days to return items. Getting tired of selling here.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's really sad because if you just sale from on closet for extra cash and someone wants to return the it, it's sad because you must of spent needed $$$$ and someone returns (maybe because they needed money and decided let me return this and get money in my pocket. Not considering the seller. They could of sold the item on their account instead of returning such a late date. But I have heard of people who buy some very nice clothes for party or something thinking I will return it after using it. So rude.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Department stores have 30 day returns.      They may not advertise,  but any consumer that uses a debit or CC has a 30 day return window.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No that’s not true, department stores generally have 30 day returns but they have exclusions like designer shoes, bags, furs, watches, necklaces etc. 

Most boutique stores don’t have any return policy, they offer merchandise exchange, store credit or nothing at all: LV, Chanel, Ferragamo, Gucci, Versace, D&G, YSL, Brioni, Fendi, Loro Piana, Montblanc, Hermès, Bottega Veneta to name a few.

Even luxury department stores like Saks and Bergdorf Goodman & Barney’s have very specific return details with many items sold “final sale” or “no returns”. 

I go to sample sales all the time and pay with the same cc that have buyers protection periods, some far beyond 30 days (Amex gold, chase sapphire reserve,etc) however stores that mark “final sale” or “no returns” on the receipt do not have to adhere to these rules. 

In fact we are expected to take returns on items that are not returnable by the very manufacturers that make and sell these items. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mankyboo2 wrote:

Anyways NO CHOICE but to accept the return since our ONLY choice is 30 days returns.

Not true.  You can list with

• No returns
  • 30-day returns
  • 60-day returns

But, I think 30-day returns is the best practice.

@mankyboo2 wrote:

Not even departments stores offer 30 days to return items. Getting tired of selling here.

Most retailers offer either 30-day or 90-day return windows ... some offer a 1-year return (e.g., LL Bean) and a few rare ones even offer an unlimited return window (e.g., Costco except for electronics).

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just bought an alarm clock from Wally online.  I have 90 days from the expected delivery date to return the item, so just like your buyer, I can use it until no longer needed, and return   :  >  (

return  2.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's really sad because if you just sale from on closet for extra cash and someone wants to return the it, it's sad because you must of spent needed $$$$ and someone returns (maybe because they needed money and decided let me return this and get money in my pocket. Not considering the seller. They could of sold the item on their account instead of returning such a late date. But I have heard of people who buy some very nice clothes for party or something thinking I will return it after using it. So rude.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Most stores I've ever been in offer only 14 day returns.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Truth is, a buyer who pays with a credit card or PayPal has a full 180 days to file a return.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply