cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, now the FedEx rates on eBay are wrong

Was the quick fix to the upgrade problem to just increase the FedEx quotes?
Just checked a couple packages.  FedEx quote on eBay was $28.00 for small box, less than 2lbs,  one state away.
That's an incorrect FedEx/eBay quote, absurd expensive.
Shipped both UPS for $10.00 each.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Or they had to change it so you are not going to get hit with an upcharge later.

Hopefully they will get it all sorted out correctly, but I would rather have them have the price correct than ding you with extra money later.

My advice??   Don't use Fed Ex for now.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@gator08041971 
Exactly!

As far back as I can remember (35 years or so).
With a FedEx account and a UPS account.
We filled one of their trucks, every day.  
UPS started leaving a little trailer here so we didn't fill the truck completely.
   We just assumed we were an easy target for upgrades.

There would be a week where we would get upcharged on hundreds of packages.  
Then it would stop for a year or so.
Always thought there was a new terminal manager trying to make a name for him/herself.  OR, trying to make a bigger boss happy, looking for a promotion, etc.  OR, maybe just an audit along with the previous guesses.
Whatever it was, UPS and FedEx would get nuts for a week or so, then all back to business as usual.

Same thing seems to happen using eBay for shipping. 
Never been much success in recourse.  Back with our own accounts, I had a shipping guy (employee) that tried to handle this stuff.  In his free time, he was relentless with FedEx and UPS when it came to this.  BUT, I would finally have to call him off.  His time/labor/$$ just wasn't worth the gain.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I got hit with 7 upcharges today. Over $100 total. None of the packages had the wrong dimensions. All of the weights were within a couple tenths of a lb. The weight will always be slightly off because ebay used lbs and ounces and Fed Ex uses decimal pounds.

Started back in early December with one every week or so $1-$6 here or there. Been trying to get it taken care of for months but no one had any answers at ebay and you cannot call Fed Ex for help because its under ebay's account. Every single package I shipped a week ago was upcharged today and no one can figure out why. 

I spoke to someone at ebay for maybe an hour and was told unless Fed Ex admits to screwing up and refunds ebay I will not be getting any of the upcharges back, even though my dimensions are correct and as are the weights. I even went to act like I was printing another label, added an extra pound and an extra inch to each dimension, it did not increase the price at all, but i was upcharged $20+ for the one package alone. They did confirm other sellers were calling to complain as well but it doesn't get me the money back from December up until now just because now more people noticed and complained about it. 

I cannot wait to see the next few emails I get from ebay with upcharges I've shipped a lot of packages with Fed Ex this last week. I would like to add up until December I hadn't have an upcharge if at all from Fed Ex for years. I went back 2-3 years and didn't see a single one. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not sure what the issue this time.  I just assume same as it's always been. 
Upcharged whenever they feel like it.
And it's not just today.  FedEx hit everyone several years ago.  I woke up to a message with at least 40 packages upcharged, to the tune of $1200 and never got any of that back.
And it's every few weeks I see they upcharged something.

I find it strange.
I use the same scale and the same tape measure for every package. 
I simply enter the weight and dimensions and THEN I choose the carrier.
I get "shipping label updates" about once a week.
FedEx and UPS upcharge.  (they have never given a credit)
USPS is giving me a credit quite often (they have never upcharged)
Yep, bit strange.........

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply