cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No returns is a joke

This is a joke, I sold a rare coin: 172905601144

"No Returns"
"No returns" are something that is a joke, I sold a coin in mint condition just to have the buyer wanting to return it. I stated " no returns" when I listed the coin for sale, which is a joke, the seller is a coin dealer and I realize that he wanted my mint condition coin so he could swap it for a worthless piece of **bleep** coin.   

eBay doesn't care about you as a seller, they encourage this thievery by not enforcing the " no returns" and not backing up the seller. The buyer can screw over seller and do it with the help of eBay letting him get away with it. I told the eBay help line (which has foreigners who can't speak English) that they needed to remove the options for returns since its a crock of **bleep**. It's misleading, to offer the seller something that's a lie. Most people are complacent and will cave in and allow others to walk over them, this buyer thought that I was a door mat and could walk over me. 

The buyer, who is a coin dealer, from Pennsylvania, at first he offered me half of the coin value after he received the coin, which is absurd, then he said that the coin was not the one for sale. 

He saw my coin, for sale, that was mint and bought it for only one thing, to switch it and I don't have any way to fight it. 

It's absurd to think that I have another rare coin just like the one that I sent him. So how many rare coins can someone possess for sale, especially when the coin is a rare $2.50 eagle head, in excellent condition, minted in Denver that is the same gold value when it was struck. This buyer kept saying he was honest, well if he was honest he would have kept the deal and not whined about it, and he would not have tried to offer me half of the value.  I stated " no refunds", any reputable buyer would not return the item and breach the contract. That is why this buyer is dishonest and can't be trusted he breached a contract. 

So who is going to pay for the eBay fees, the PayPal fees for this dishonest buyer, the seller gets the bag full of fees, as a seller I got screwed by the: buyer, PayPal, and by eBay.  

So what do I recommend, don't trust eBay for help if you get into a trap with the buyer, the eBay help line is a joke, they don't help you, however you must not allow the unscrupulous buyer to get away with this **bleep**. This thief is aware of eBay and how to manipulate the system taking advantage of buyers, it is a great scam to buy something then send back something simular but worthless. 

If you contact EBay and let them know that the item was switched they will tell you to file a police report. They are worthless, and you are screwed.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

No returns is a joke

Hi Iagree with you 100%. So sorry this happened to you. I have been seeing more and more postings about just this thing. Ebay wake up and stop being so dang greedy and allowing this to keep happening 

robin

RRR
Message 2 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

"No Returns"
"No returns" are something that is a joke, I sold a coin in mint condition just to have the buyer wanting to return it. I stated " no returns" when I listed the coin for sale, which is a joke, the

"seller" I meant to say buyer

is a coin dealer and I realize that he wanted my mint condition coin so he could swap it for a worthless piece of **bleep** coin.   
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

Did the buyer actually return a different item?  

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

EBay is not going to change, they are making a lot of money, and they do their best to spend as little  as they can, they know out sourcing to other third world countries paying as little as possible for someone to answer the phone. Most of the time, the people can't even speak English it's more like someone who has marbles in their mouths, I've had to ask them to repeat themselves over and over again. It's distressing to be alone with no help, and I don't want to talk to someone who is not in the United States with good language skills.

EBay is not going to make waves and loose clients, the good the bad and the ugly are welcome in eBay, the thieves are thriving in eBay, and the honest people are screwed all of the time. EBay is making a ton of money and they don't care about crime as long as they have the money flowing in.

Equality is feedback for buyers and sellers good and bad, not just for the seller to get negative feedback from the buyer. Equality is the seller and buyer having equal rights and not one sided in favor of the buyer. EBay discriminates against the seller, eBay is giving jobs away to other countries and not giving back to the citizens of the United States. 

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

Your return policy refers to buyer remorse/error only.By listing on ebay you agree to offer buyer protection for not as described cases

Seller were not never offered ebay or pp protection from not as described cases

There is no breach of contract if buyer is claiming not as described-that puts the case is ebays hands.You agreed to that

If he returns a coin different than the one you sent file postal fraud and police reports(likey will not get acted on unless buyer has a pattern of reports)-get case number and appeal the case after using report buyer link

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 6 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

I will not accept any returns, the buyer stated that he wanted to give me only half of the price he paid for the coin. Then he said it was not the coin that was pictured.

Red flags are going up for me when someone contacts me with offers, and when that falls through they resort to the coin not being the line pictured. I stated no returns and I meant no returns.

A buyer is unscrupulous when they contact the seller making ludicrous accusations, fearing that I'm going to loose $500.00 refund to the buyer and loose a rare coin from the buyer by sending me a POS coin I'm not talking any chances with technology buyer.

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

So you are just assuming they plan to return a different coin but that actually hasn't happened?

If you buyer does open a Not As Described return, you sure better accept it. 

If you don't you may end up losing everything. 

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

It's a no win situation, I'm out $$$$$ eBay is at fault for taking sides with the buyer, eBay doesn't have any **bleep** about no returns which gives the seller a false sense of security, then eBay turned their backs on the seller. And putting salt in the wound by having to complain to the eBay staff who can't understand what I am trying to say because they are not in the United States with clear English language, just **bleep** me off.

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

I don't think so, eBay is crooked, the seller is crooked, and I'm not loosing $$$$$ to a thief.
Message 10 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

It's better to get the word out to others who are thinking about selling on eBay.

First of all be ready for some criminal to steal from you.

Second eBay will not help you, it's a person who is reading from a script and they don't know anything else, it's smoke and mirrors.

I'm not going to loose $$$$$ to anyone I would rather walk away with the $$$$ and not get the shaft, because no one is going to help you, not eBay, not the police, not the post office. 

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

How does ebay know what coin you sent the buyer? 

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

"How does ebay know what coin you sent the buyer?"

I have a excellent feedback, I never screw anyone, read what I said, he offered me half of the value and when that didn't work he claimed that it was different. I don't need the hassle of $500.00 dollars, I have three Rolex watches and if I was to shaft anyone it would be a Rolex watches.

This issue is about no returns and eBay needs to stand behind the policy of no returns.

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

I don't need the hassle of $500.00 dollars, I have three Rolex watches and if I was to shaft anyone it would be a Rolex watches.

Okay.  Do you take money orders?

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

No returns is a joke

Money orders????

**bleep**???

I just wanted eBay to stand up and honor the "no returns" they offer.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply