cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No postal service in Duluth Mn Northern Wi. area.

When is a medium sized market going to be big enough for eBay to post shipping delays?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It isn't big enough to make the usps.com site announcements about service disruptions, so you can't expect eBay to take notice.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/

EDit: A one-day delay to two specific ZIP Codes is not exactly big news.

https://kbjr6.com/news/top-stories/2019/12/02/mail-delivery-postponed-for-some-duluth-residents/

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Duluth, MN population  86K, average snow fall 70".  Ya' all are used to tons of snow & the effects.

Now when  we  get about an 1" of snow in our county of 103K in middle Georgia it is a major issue  - everything shuts down.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

We are moving to Charlotte in 4 years so I shouldn't have this problem.  26 " of snow in 10 hours and 50 mph winds good bye.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I went to the post office on the hill in Duluth to drop off a ebay  package and most people were turning away at the sign on the door. The internet was down again so they were not accepting cards-only cash.

The nearby Best Buy did not open until 2pm.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Charlotte, NC averages about 2" of snow/year similar to  here near Atlanta, Ga.  When it snows traffic comes to a stand still.

BTW I grew up in the Midwest - Michigan.  Recall a 26" snowfall my senior year( '67) at WMU in K'zoo, nothing moved for several days except the beer and liquor off the store shelves.  We  had a party at our apartment for 5 consecutive  days.  Just opened the door put some  Motown vinyls on the turntable & cranked up the amps & volume.  Life was Good and still is.

The last  blizzard with  temps at -26F (wind chill -80 to -100) was in  Jan. 1981 -  moved south of the Mason Dixon by April.

Pura Vida!

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Duluth is number four on a list of the snowiest cities, over 30,000 population, in the country.The area I live in, within 30 miles of downtown, has a population over 279,000 (165th largest metro in the country) and is the largest fresh water shipping port in the world. People have no idea how much trade comes and goes in the area. We also have one of the highest rates of trafficking in the world, pretty sad.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Similar condition in Las Vegas. We had a snow "storm" that laid snow on Las Vegas Boulevard. Front page of the newspaper. No plows, no snow tires and, except for us transplants, nobody knew how to drive in the stuff. Paralyzed the city. State police closed the highways.

Of course, being a desert it melted fairly quickly and the ice cream trucks were back out the same afternoon.

Conversely, when I lived in Boston MA we had a storm of such proportions that the city declared martial law. Unless you were police, fire or doctor you were subject to arrest merely for being on the street. 'Cause you see you were interfering with the snow removal. Storm started on a Saturday. Our street didn't see its FIRST snowplow until the following Thursday.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply