cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Proof of ShipCover Insurance Purchased Shipping USPS

I sold an item on E-Bay for $750. I added additional liability coverage and selected ShipCover Insurance before I printed the USPS shipping label. I definitely paid for the insurance because the cost of the prepaid label increased by the cost of the insurance. However, I received no confirmation of the insurance. I read somewhere that the buyers of ShipCover Insurance receive an e-mail with insurance policy information. Furthermore, my local USPS post office found no additional services based on the USPS tracking number. Apparently, I am misinformed about insurance and/or did not set something up or missed a step. Direction appreciated. Thank-you!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I don't remember ever getting a confirmation email when purchasing ShipCover insurance, but you can verify whether or not you purchased it when you bought the label.

From Seller Hub, go to Orders > Shipping Labels and find the order, then select 'More Actions' - if you purchased ShipCover insurance, there will be an option to 'Create Claim'. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643

Keep in mind that if you need to file a claim, you'll need to wait until 30 days after the estimated delivery date for the item.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I don't remember ever getting a confirmation email when purchasing ShipCover insurance, but you can verify whether or not you purchased it when you bought the label.

From Seller Hub, go to Orders > Shipping Labels and find the order, then select 'More Actions' - if you purchased ShipCover insurance, there will be an option to 'Create Claim'. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643

Keep in mind that if you need to file a claim, you'll need to wait until 30 days after the estimated delivery date for the item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank-you! I now see I have the option of filing a claim, so everything worked correctly. Thanks again, Kevin

Message 3 of 3
latest reply