cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New shipping labels page

I really wish ebay would stop rolling out updates to pages that don't need it and get around to fixing the stuff that is broken around here.

Message 1 of 100
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

New shipping labels page

I don't know what or who are the sellers that ebay is claiming that this is something that us seller want. Ebay just need to chill out with the horrible update layouts. The next shipping layout is horrible. Broken, confusing, and just plain out annoying. Oh well, that is how it is. Folk that never sells over at ebay think they know it all.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

New shipping labels page

Yea, I just had to use the new "improved" shipping interface!  Seriously broken.  Lost a bunch of shipping options with USPS...ended up having to fix it at the post office!  Instead of using "UI" experts maybe they should use people who actually sell and ship things.

Sigh.

Message 2 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

I don't know what or who are the sellers that ebay is claiming that this is something that us seller want. Ebay just need to chill out with the horrible update layouts. The next shipping layout is horrible. Broken, confusing, and just plain out annoying. Oh well, that is how it is. Folk that never sells over at ebay think they know it all.

Message 3 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

I think this supposed update that sellers wanted is really not what us sellers want but what ebay wants. I believe all these changes are geared towards phasing out the older generation of sellers who just do not want to learn to navigate new formats. I have been selling on ebay since 1998 and have never had a problem with their label format only with their issue of not being able to get global items to shipping center on same Scan form with other items.  My Dad has an account on ebay that he uses to sell inventory from his brick/mortar antique store he owned before "retiring" 10 years ago. He is 82 and still doing ebay with my help but all these web redesigns are killing him to learn. Guess that is what their new and improved pages are really and excuse for.  They just want to eventually lose the small individual sellers.

Message 4 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

The problem with the new label form isn't layout, it's the "simplification" that removes several important options such as changing the ship-from ZIP Code or the shipping date.  

eBay seems to have a strange assumption that removing options makes the process simpler and better.  But in all my year on the boards, I have never seen any body who was confused or bothered by those options.  If you don't want to use them, just leave them set at the default.

Message 5 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

I"ve used the new format and I just don't see the tragedy you speak of.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

Genuine questions:

1. Why use these 'Postage Labels' ?
  2. Does this generation and payment of 'shipping labels' involve the payment of postal/shipping rates?
  3. If so, is Pitney Bowes International [the ebay GSP provider] involved in this service?

I've only ever buy on this site, so my use has been as a receiver of goods that use them sometimes.

From this buyer perspective;

The only merit I see is for high volume sellers who seek to AI automate warehouse and distribution operations.

I find it annoying the labels do not show when the article enters the postal system... me trying to determine why something has taken so long to arrive since it's supposed 'shipped' date [being when the label was generated - not when it was in the system and actually on it's way]

Message 7 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

@divwido wrote:

I"ve used the new format and I just don't see the tragedy you speak of.

Tragedy?

Who said that?

Message 8 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

Okay, here's a "tragedy":  I decided to try to ship a larger item I just sold via UPS.  The process to connect eBay to my UPS Account was horribly complicated...and when I was finally thru it UPS was about to charge me an outrageous price for shipping a 5 pound package...$134...for ground.  Obviously something went wrong with the hookup.  I had to void the shipment...and do the shipping thru PayPal...which worked correctly.

Message 9 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

Absolutely right on, this new shipping page is as bad as the new seller hub page. Hope eBay takes note and stops the difficult and confusing updates.

Message 10 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

I no longer see a setting to "hide" postage amount on the label and the item number no longer appears on the label? will this be "fixed"?

Message 11 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

It totally stinks , I am still trying how to figure out how to us USPS insurance instead of ship cover. THis is totally garbage !

Message 12 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

It does however look like they have added at the top of the page to switch to classic shipping which was what we had before this new garbage.  I guess classic is the touchy feel good word for old , lmao. Well I prefer the classic and along with this new shipping junk give trash the seller hub also !

Message 13 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

It's awful! There was nothing wrong with the label printing page as it was. I also noted that the box to fill in a personal message to be sent to the buyer is also gone. I just printed one label using the new format but then noticed the 'go back to the classic page' link at the top right corner on the next item. When I printed the label using the new format it put it squarely in the center of the page instead of off in one corner the way it used to because a lot of my labels are printed higher quality at 67%. Why can't well enough be left alone. The same with the Active page, much of the old info like how many days until an item ends is gone. That was last week I believe, what's coming next week?

Message 14 of 100
latest reply

New shipping labels page

Agree. Agree. agree. 

Message 15 of 100
latest reply