cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on buyer saying they didn't receive my item

Hello, I sold some headphones on July 27 and the buyer just reported he has not received them and wants a refund. The USPS tracking shows: In Transit, Arriving Late. I shipped them out on July 28. 

I opened a research case with USPS and they told me: 

Our records indicate that this item was delivered as addressed to the freight forwarder contracted by the recipient.

Please note that the delivery unit has been informed that the delivery scan did not transmit. The delivery unit will be in the process of updating the tracking information which may take approximately up to 5-7 business days.

So I guess the guy I shipped it to used a Freight Forwarding service? I googled his address and the best I can figure out is it's a Rapid Pack in Miami FL. I didn't even realize I was sending to a Freight Forwarder. I don't sell much on Ebay. I'm not a business or anything. 

So I'm looking for advice on how to handle this? Can anyone tell me what I should do? I packaged the headphones securely and sent them out. USPS told me they were delivered to the freight forwarder. I feel like I might be getting scammed and I don't really know what to do about it. 

Ebay sent me an automated message to either refund the guys money or send him a message. So I sent him a message asking him to confirm his address, and I told him I opened a case with USPS and they confirmed the package was delivered to his freight forwarder. What should I do next? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I really don't know how to handle this.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hermit_style 

As you have verification this was sent to a Freight Forwarder, you need to first go and report this Buyer as he does not qualify for the Money Back Guarantee with e-Bay.  Report him BEFORE you contact e-Bay.

Go to e-Bay, Facebook for Business.  Outline everything that you have above.  Indicate this buyer is trying to abuse the INR process and you have written documentation from USPS of delivery and his use of a Freight Forwarder.

Message e-Bay here:

(17) eBay for Business | Facebook

It is important you report the Buyer first and then contact e-Bay before you respond to the INR claim.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Send official data from the USPS  to ebay indicating the message you got saying that the tracking is going to update. This will allow them to give you more time to stall this situation until you have proof from USPS that the package was delivered to the freight forewarder. One that package shows delivery to the FF. You should be done with the buyer regarding issuing a refund.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much for replying to me. I'm not really sure where/how to send Ebay a message about this. I would like to show them my email from USPS like you suggested. Can you tell me the best way to speak with Ebay about this?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Go to the bottom of this page and click the Contact Us link. In the pop-up that appears select See More and find Contact an Agent. There you can request a call back. Good Luck.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/manage-returns-missing-items-refunds-sell...

Awesome, thank you! I was looking through the Ebay help pages and it says you can ask Ebay to step in after 3 business days. The buyer just reported it today so do I need to wait 3 days or should I get the jump on it and speak with Ebay on the phone right away?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Do not wait and get this done ASAP or eBay will force a refund.  Then the buyer will have the item and your money.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I had something like this happen to me a couple of months ago. I opened a research case and immediately the buyer opened a INR against me to force me to refund.

I solved this by calling his local post office and telling them it would cost me $85 because they didn't scan the package when it was delivered. "Don't look for it, it's not lost, just update the scan." 10 minutes later this was done and the case was closed out in my favour.

I'm going to point out if your buyer had it sent to a freight forwarder, not enough time has passed for them to actually receive it. So if they look at the tracking, they might really think it's lost. Sending them the information you got from opening the case is a good start to solving your issue.

C.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Try and get your buyer to hold off an filing a "official" case with ebay for as long as possible. 

The better rapport you have with your buyer the better.  Apologize for the delay. Be nice.  Be friendly. Be humble. Keep in touch.  Keep him updated. 

Explain to them the the package  is just delayed.  It will show up eventually, just late

The longer you can hold them off, the better.  Once they do file a complaint wiith ebay the clock starts ticking.  Ebay will give them X amount of days before issuing them a refund.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@hermit_style 

As you have verification this was sent to a Freight Forwarder, you need to first go and report this Buyer as he does not qualify for the Money Back Guarantee with e-Bay.  Report him BEFORE you contact e-Bay.

Go to e-Bay, Facebook for Business.  Outline everything that you have above.  Indicate this buyer is trying to abuse the INR process and you have written documentation from USPS of delivery and his use of a Freight Forwarder.

Message e-Bay here:

It is important you report the Buyer first and then contact e-Bay before you respond to the INR claim.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@hermit_style 

Message e-Bay here:

All buyers qualifies for the mbg when an item hasn’t been delivered to the payment address.  You’re probably thinking of a not as described return.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

How do you get eBay to close it right away? 

I did everything on my part (send a message to buyer and update tracking information). 

I called 3 times, and every single time the customer service representative just told me that I did everything that I could do on my part so I should just wait 3 business days to ask eBay to step in. 

Do I keep calling? Feels like I'm just being a nuisance. I'm not the thread opener, btw, just someone with the same issue. I sold an shipped an item (USPS) on the 4th, item arrived on the 7th, and the buyer opened a claim on the 8th. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Just figured I'd post an update on the outcome. Ebay refunded the buyer out of their own pocket. So the buyer got their money back and I got my money from the sale too.

Contacting Ebay for Business on Facebook was very helpful. Thank you katzrul15 for suggesting I do that. They were the only ones who actually helped. I must have spoken with at least 5 other customer support people who just didn't care. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If a not received case has been filed put the tracking number that shows delivered in the case.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@hermit_style 

Glad it worked out!!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 14 of 14
latest reply