cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Advice on International Shipping

I just recently came back to eBay as a seller and have to say I am impressed with the company. It has improved a lot from the time I was a seller years ago.  I know some will disagree with me, but all and all -- I really like eBay. 

International Shipping -- 

Now down to business: I sell ACEO cards, which are small and do not weigh much, and instead of opting for listing international mailing prices, I opted into eBay's Global selling. The problem is that the cost of this service to the buyer is off the charts. Not a bad deal for high-priced and heavier products, but sky high for small items.

Ok, so, if you are selling smaller, less expensive items how do you sell them internationally?  Any specific advice or insight would be much appreciated. 

Thanking you all in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not in the US so don't have access to global shipping (which is what you are using)  however, even if I did, I would be unlikely to use it for lower cost items.   As you said, it is expensive.  eBay is slowly moving to a different program called ebay international shipping which appears to be  slightly less expensive per item but I don't think that they offer any combined shipping charges.

For myself, I would not have a problem sending items under $10 via lettermail.(first class flat)  There definitely is some risk as there is no tracking and buyers can claim that they didn't receive the item but in some categories that doesn't happen very often.  You can usually build some sort of 'cookie  jar insurance' into your prices for the times that does happen. Only you can decide how you feel about doing that.

I think that most US sellers would recommend that you always use a service with tracking if you ship directly yourself.  USPS first class international package has tracking to some countries but even that is fairly expensive now.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Good info. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. Very helpful. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply