cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the 2022 price change on USPS Parcel Select but they are rough on packages!

I've had 2 things go out recently on USPS Parcel Select and were damaged as a result.  While most of my buyers choose it (I offer 3 different ship options - this, Priority and UPS), I've noticed that things are getting banged up to an extent that didn't happen with Priority.

Anybody else noticing this? 

Parcel Select is more appealing with the price drop as of the start of the year. Previously, the USPS Priority discount we got through eBay made that shipping cost about the same as Parcel Select, so most of my stuff last year had been going out on Priority. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Love the 2022 price change on USPS Parcel Select but they are rough on packages!

Yes that service, like media mail is not top priority and always needs to be treated (packing wise) as things can get rough.

If you through a delicate item into a poly bag and send it Parcel with stickers stating "Fragile" and expect it to be treated with kind gloves, not going to happen.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is always easier to blame the parcel delivery services for being rough on the packages rather than being tough on the shipper for not packaging properly.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Come April 3rd, the USPS is adding on all packages over 22" gets a $4 surcharge and over 30" gets a $15 surcharge

Message 4 of 4
latest reply