cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item returned to sender

I purchased a action figure from a seller who claims to ship within 3 days. So day five I reach out and ask when they will ship my item they response with its shipping today.

So I just checked the tracking and the item I purchased is being sent back to the seller due to "Potentially hazardous or otherwise unmailable item". 

Can I get my money back, tired of dealing with this seller.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item returned to sender

You never pay for shipping twice when the seller did not ship the item right to begin with. You want your money back anyway as you said you were tired of dealing with them. One day after the delivery date on your purchase you can file INR. and get your refund. If it were me as the seller i would have refunded you the moment i found out the item was being returned to me. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Item returned to sender

Yes you can.  I would say it is a USPS issue and not a seller issue.  I have had several packages sent back to me over the years for a variety of reasons.  If you really want the item the seller will need you to pay for another label as they will not be reimbursed for it

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

You never pay for shipping twice when the seller did not ship the item right to begin with. You want your money back anyway as you said you were tired of dealing with them. One day after the delivery date on your purchase you can file INR. and get your refund. If it were me as the seller i would have refunded you the moment i found out the item was being returned to me. Good luck.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Seller has not responded to any of my messages.  Definitely filing a INR on Saturday.

Thanks.

rtjazzrules_0-1697388313961.png

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

@rtjazzrules wrote:

@4pawsup* wrote:

@rtjazzrules wrote:

So I just checked the tracking and the item I purchased is being sent back to the seller 

rtjazzrules_0-1697388313961.png 

One day after the delivery date on your purchase you can file INR. and get your refund. 

Seller has not responded to any of my messages. Definitely filing a INR on Saturday. 

Please come back @rtjazzrules to let us know how this turns out?

Hopefully it's not after filing that INR on Saturday, the case closes without a refund, and any feedback you try to leave is blocked or automatically deleted.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

How is that possible? The sellers package never left CA and I live in PA.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Didn't you read what tracking shows? It seems self-explanatory to me. The issue is with USPS. What was the item purchased?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Tracking shows seller dropping package off at USPS on the 13th and and same day USPS refusing to ship package. Its a Mezco action figure. Plus the seller has not returned any of my messages from the 13.

Here is full tracking:

rtjazzrules_0-1697487815943.png

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Since the shipper appears to believe it's potentially hazardous, what, exactly, was the item in question? 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Mezco Action Figure Deadpool

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

@soh.maryl wrote:

@rtjazzrules wrote:

I purchased a action figure from a seller who claims to ship within 3 days. 

Since the shipper appears to believe it's potentially hazardous, what, exactly, was the item in question? 

Since the OP said that the item is an action figure in the first five words @rtjazzrules what likely happened is your dead pool was packed in an unmailable container, e.g. an empty wine, firecrackers, bug spray, etc. box that was immediately marked Return to Sender.

But since we foolishly keep buying on eBay where logic is scarce, your seller has the upper hand as eBay considers Return to Sender to be the same as Delivered, and you will lose when you start that Item Not Received refund request on Saturday.

That is why your seller has gone completely silent, because they know they will win.

So instead of starting that case, try leaving a PRIVATE message here, to ask eBay to review that tracking and see that that Return to Sender was on the same day it was mailed, to get your refund before you lose your case. Or you can wait for the slower route, to file an INR with PayPal or with your card issuer to get your refund.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

Thanks for the clarification, I have never experienced this before but it just feels wrong what is happening.  I have sent a message to the link you provided, thank you for the heads up.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

@natoman777 wrote:

Yes you can.  I would say it is a USPS issue and not a seller issue.  I have had several packages sent back to me over the years for a variety of reasons.  If you really want the item the seller will need you to pay for another label as they will not be reimbursed for it

I disagree that the buyer should pay for a second shipment. It doesn't matter whether it's a seller issue or a USPS issue, it's NOT the buyer's issue. Buyer paid for shipment of an item and didn't receive it for whatever reason.

This is between seller and USPS. As we've said in the past, it's the seller who chooses the shipper so it's the seller who should pay to reship.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

@xadexane wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

@rtjazzrules wrote:

I purchased a action figure from a seller who claims to ship within 3 days. 

Since the OP said that the item is an action figure in the first five words @rtjazzrules what likely happened is your dead pool was packed in an unmailable container, e.g. an empty wine, firecrackers, bug spray, etc. box that was immediately marked Return to Sender.

But since we foolishly keep buying on eBay where logic is scarce, your seller has the upper hand as eBay considers Return to Sender to be the same as Delivered, and you will lose when you start that Item Not Received refund request on Saturday.

That is why your seller has gone completely silent, because they know they will win.

So instead of starting that case, try leaving a PRIVATE message here, to ask eBay to review that tracking and see that that Return to Sender was on the same day it was mailed, to get your refund before you lose your case. Or you can wait for the slower route, to file an INR with PayPal or with your card issuer to get your refund.

Granted RTS when a buyer refuses and requests RTS, this case is entirely different. Item never made it far enough for the buyer to lose the MBG or INR protection. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Item returned to sender

RTS by the carrier is NOT the same as buyer 'refused delivery'

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 21
latest reply