cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not what I selcted from menu options.

OK here is my problem. I just received an item, that I ordered several weeks ago. When I ordered it, the menu options were Black or White ( I selected Black), US or EU (I selected US). The item I received is white with an EU plug on it. I'm 99.999% sure I ordered the black US model. But I'd would like to verify that before a file an INAD. The problem is that when I click on "View order details", it doesn't show which options I selected.

I guess I'll go ahead and send the seller a message and say that I think I ordered the black US model, not the white EU model, and see what they say. But if the seller claims that I selected the White EU model, how am I supposed to prove otherwise? I guess in the future I will make it a point to screen shot all my orders before I submit them. Because apparently that is too much information for eBay to save.

Does anybody have any thoughts or sugestions?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@guybemis

Check the eBay order email confirmation to see if the specs you've selected are mentioned there.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@glyph01 wrote:

@guybemis

Check the eBay order email confirmation to see if the specs you've selected are mentioned there.

Thanks, but I didn't get any email confirmation. I didn't even get a tracking number. The mailman just delived it today as a regestered delivery.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

File a SNAD complaint and say that you received the wrong color. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

File a SNAD complaint and say that you received the wrong color. 

Thanks. That is what I just did. Wrong color and wrong model. It looks like it was drop shipped from China. The mix up could have been either the seller or the shipper.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The seller is required to pay for return shipping.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@sam9876 wrote:

The seller is required to pay for return shipping.

Thanks. On that subject the item was listed as "Buyer pays for return shipping". If the seller accepts my return, will I be able to get out of that? It would probably not be cost effective for me to pay to ship the item back to China. In the past when I returned an item I got a free return shipping lable from eBay. I'm hoping that is the way it will happen again.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

You filed a SNAD complaint. 

Therefore, the seller is required to pay for return shipping.

If the seller is in China, they will be required to send you money via PayPal to pay for the return. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

NO. DON'T FILE A SNAD COMPLAINT. UNTIL YOU HAVE CONTACTED THE SELLER.

That is the problem with eBay today. They make it to easy to file a false snad  when a simple communication with the seller can clear it up.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If you paid with PayPal, your selections are shown on the payment details page in square brackets:

Item

Personal Vibrator [Black] [US]

Item #

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@an-36344 wrote:

If you paid with PayPal, your selections are shown on the payment details page in square brackets:

Item

Personal Vibrator [Black] [US]

Item #

I paid with an eBay Gift Card. Anyway I clearly remember checking the order details before I comfirmed the order. I don't know if it is the seller, or the shipper who messed up, but they sent the wrong item. It's just weird that eBay doesn't include that info in the  Order Details. What is even the point of View Order Details, if it doesn't show all the details?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@pauls-parts wrote:

NO. DON'T FILE A SNAD COMPLAINT. UNTIL YOU HAVE CONTACTED THE SELLER.

That is the problem with eBay today. They make it to easy to file a false snad  when a simple communication with the seller can clear it up.

It is not a false SNAD. They totally sent the wrong item. There is nothing to clear up. They have until January 4 to refund my money, or eBay will do it. It's that simple.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply