cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received by buyer but had tracking receipt

Sold an item about a month ago and instead of shipping on ebay, I went to the post office and got a label on the package. It was about 15 pounds and label costed around $45. I got the receipt once I was done and a few days later I looked up the tracking, it showed it was delivered and then i threw away receipt knowing that the buyer got it since it said delivered. Now today (a month and one day ago) since the transaction he files a case and says that it never delivered even though I looked up tracking # and it said delivered. I have no proof now since I threw away receipt and I never wrote down nor updated it to ebay. If there was a way to make sure that it delivered that I could close the case what could I do ? Thank you !Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

no tickee,no washee,unless usps has the tracking from the receipt.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@boss_bats

Next time enter the tracking into the eBay transaction and save the receipt.

Search your browser history... you might be able to find a link to the USPS page you viewed with the tracking number. Good luck.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@boss_bats

If you bought the postage with a Debit or credit card, see if you can get the transaction number from your Bank.

Then see if the Post Office can match the transaction number with a tracking number.

In the future, either use eBay labels (you get a discount and the tracking is automatically uploaded) or remember to upload tracking into the transaction.

Good luck.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks ! I will look into it happy fourth 🙂
Message 5 of 5
latest reply