cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received but seller convinced it was

I ordered an item and apparently three other buyers ordered items from the same seller the same day. The mailing labels were mixed up and the other three buyers received the wrong items, it’s been nearly a month and I’ve received nothing. The seller is insistent that I have the last item. I don’t. Tracking on my item showed no tracking on the original tracking number, it said “awaiting item”until  today when it was shipped with a new tracking number. I don’t have access to the other item’s tracking number, but since it was delivered somewhere there must be tracking available on that item to the seller(?). I suggested to the seller to file a lost package claim with the post office, but the seller still thinks I have the item. I would really appreciate some advice regarding this issue. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item not received but seller convinced it was

If the tracking number still shows awaiting item then it sounds as if the post office never scanned it.  In that case, the seller will not be able to file a missing package claim.  But that isn't your problem and the seller isn't being reasonable by insisting you have it.

Your item was just shipped with a new tracking number?  Keep an eye on the original estimated delivery date for the original purchase.  You have 30 days after the last est. delivery date so if you don't receive the reshipped item before then, you should open an item not received claim just in case you don't receive the 2nd package.  Once you open the request, you will still have time (21 days?) to wait for the new package to arrive  before the seller is forced to refund. Once it arrives, you can close the request. If it never does arrive the seller should refund you or you can ask ebay to step in. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If the tracking number still shows awaiting item then it sounds as if the post office never scanned it.  In that case, the seller will not be able to file a missing package claim.  But that isn't your problem and the seller isn't being reasonable by insisting you have it.

Your item was just shipped with a new tracking number?  Keep an eye on the original estimated delivery date for the original purchase.  You have 30 days after the last est. delivery date so if you don't receive the reshipped item before then, you should open an item not received claim just in case you don't receive the 2nd package.  Once you open the request, you will still have time (21 days?) to wait for the new package to arrive  before the seller is forced to refund. Once it arrives, you can close the request. If it never does arrive the seller should refund you or you can ask ebay to step in. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Need to open a claim item not received...one day after "estimated date of delivery" of "first item"...

I don't care about "new tracking number"...file a claim before 30 days expire. Don't even email the seller anymore.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I don't agree. The seller does sound as if they aren't being all that helpful but I still think that it doesn't hurt to give them a bit of time to see if the new item they sent out arrives.  I believe that most sellers would appreciate that.   If a claim is filed on day 15 versus the first day after the est. delivery, the refund is still going to be available.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

He said it has been nearly a month, tick tock, time is running out.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

As pointed out I somehow missed that it has been almost a month already so there is more urgency to file the item not received.  Once it is filed you still have a little time to see if the package with the new tracking number is moving before you ask ebay to step in.

When something like this happens, it is usually best just to get a refund rather than wait for another one to purchase again.  Some sellers would send a replacement right away but others will stall and wait until time has run out to file a claim.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you to everyone who replied. Your information and advice was very helpful to me and I appreciate it. The item that I ordered just arrived this morning, still no sign of the other item. Thanks again for all your help.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply