cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not as described

I bought an item form a seller in January and I wasn't able to open it right away.  I was in the process of moving so I wasn't able to open the box and test out the item.  I was finally able to open it a few days ago and it doesn't work and the items are filthy!  That was not how the seller described it.  I'm hoping to get my money but not sure since it's been awhile.  I reached out to the seller but waiting to hear back.  If I don't hear back from seller what should I do??

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item not as described

January? Eeeek. 

It is your responsabilty to inspect your packages in a timely manner and now you might obviously understand why.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Item not as described

Yep you have to inspect your packages in a timely manner....not 4 months later! Ebay can't help you. You had 60 days from the date of purchase to leave feedback and 30 days from the date of delivery to file a return request in the resolution center. You've missed the deadlines for both, ebay makes no special exceptions.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Item not as described

Buyers give so many excuses for not noticing something wrong when they first receive the item. This is the most common - "didn't have the chance to open the package". I call that's total lies. 

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I buy something online, and I KNOW there is a time sensitive return policy (or even if there's not) I certainly would not wait 4 months to open the package.

This is wrong. You cannot expect the seller to help you now. You didn't take any responsibility in your own purchase and now you want the seller to be liable. No. That's why there's a very generous 30 Day policy. That is MORE than enough time to figure out if the item you received is correct or not.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Item not as described

you can file with paypal and get your refund but you'll have to pay the return shipping
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║ ║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Item not as described

@plumbingspecials

Totally agree with you.  Personally, I have moved 20 times in my life after college.  Can't think of one time it took me more than  two weeks to get moved & reorganized - there were 5 moves to different states in that count.  Four months hard to believe.  Sounds like a popcorn answer from here (popcorn  = lots of air  with little substance)

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 6
latest reply