cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item marked as Delivered by Agent but not received

HI,

I have purchased an item from America while im in Australia & the seller has given me a USPS tracking number. The Item has been marked as 'Deliverd, by Agent' and has been signed for.

The place of the Agent that has signed for it is still in America?

Does this mean another postal service has taken over to get it to Australia or has the parcel been sent to the complete wrong adress?

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@aedgeloe wrote:

HI,

I have purchased an item from America while im in Australia & the seller has given me a USPS tracking number. The Item has been marked as 'Deliverd, by Agent' and has been signed for.

The place of the Agent that has signed for it is still in America?

Does this mean another postal service has taken over to get it to Australia or has the parcel been sent to the complete wrong adress?

Has anyone else experienced this? 

If u or the seller used the ebay global shipping program to ship it internationally, the the seller.only.had to ship it to Kentucky.  From there ebay takes over the shipping and is responsible 100% to get it to u

Other thing is if u are using a freight forwarder, then the seller is off the hook once it reaches them in the us

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If u or the seller used the ebay global shipping program to ship it internationally, the the seller.only.had to ship it to Kentucky.  From there ebay takes over the shipping and is responsible 100% to get it to

Everything was organised through e-bay, conversion & postage all calculated at checkout.

The seller sent me a USPS tracking nmber in a message as per my request.
The item has reached KY where the number terminates. Ive been told FedEx re-packages it with a new number (not yet recieved) & then it goes through our postal service once it reaches Australia...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sounds like the seller is using the GSP (global shipping program). Which is eBay's forwarding service based in Kentucky.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@aedgeloe wrote:

If u or the seller used the ebay global shipping program to ship it internationally, the the seller.only.had to ship it to Kentucky.  From there ebay takes over the shipping and is responsible 100% to get it to

Everything was organised through e-bay, conversion & postage all calculated at checkout.

The seller sent me a USPS tracking nmber in a message as per my request.
The item has reached KY where the number terminates. Ive been told FedEx re-packages it with a new number (not yet recieved) & then it goes through our postal service once it reaches Australia...

Yep as the other poster said, if the seller sent it to Kentucky but u r in another country,  the seller is off the hook once it hit Kentucky. 

At least now u have to deal with only ebay on this one, which your seller probably would be easier to deal with than ebay,  sorry to say

But yes, once it gets to Kentucky, ebays globally shipping warehouse repackaged your item, most likely taking put all the safe packaging that the original seller used, just to save an ounce for shipping costs

This is where u get to see how ebay handles stuff compared to a seller, when it's ebay that is in control of your item now 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's Pitney Bowes who does eBay's Global Shipping Program. Yes, they will most likely repackage the item and repackage it poorly. Not only that, but the tracking number you're given by them is hard to track.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply