cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item in Pre-Shipment but Location hit by Hurricane Michael

I am not sure what to do at this point. The auction that I won on Monday was paid on Monday, Columbus Day.  The same day, I received an ebay notificaiton that a a pre-shipment tracking number was issued, and that the seller is preparing to ship my order.  Unfortunately, the item is in Panama City, FL, where many homes got obliterated.  I am not even sure the seller has a home or alive or something.  The news say they have no power and no communications.  Not sure what to do.  Do I wait weeks, months, i dont know?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If (BIG if!) you can get hold of the seller somehow, I'd offer to let them cancel the sale and refund. Neither they nor you can do anything about an item that is at the bottom of the Gulf. If not, try checking with them occasionally until you either get a response or your item. You may run out the clock on an ebay claim, but Paypal still has your back for 180 days. I hope your seller is okay!

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Maybe you could try being patient for a few days. Good grief. The seller may have no power for a few days and the post offices could be closed for a few days as well. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the seller labeled it Monday maybe it went out Tuesday. Storm hit Wednesday. Since they labeled it I figure they felt that they could get it to  the PO in time. May depend when the PO closed up before the storm. I'd give it some time considering the situation if it doesn't show in a timely manner. You got  up to thirty days to file item not received. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You have 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to file an Item Not Received claim from eBay.  Considering the circumstances, unless it is big money, I would personally wait it out.  Within a couple weeks either the tracking number will show movement, or the seller will respond, or it will be obvious that the package has been lost in the disaster.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply