cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item description wildly inaccurate - can't contact eBay

I bought dragonfly earrings recently and when they arrived, a shock:  They were described as "small" and are actually TINY - they would have been tiny on a newborn baby.  No diamond chips as described, and so small they could barely be seen.

The problem is eBay has no real contact except by telephone, which I do not use, and shows a return in the process, which it is not.  Since I contacted the seller it's supposed to be an ongoing thing and they won't step in.  However, the seller, in order to issue a refund, compels me to bring this tiny item to a UPS facility.  They began there but arrived by USPS (regular mail service).  I live rurally and it would be a hardship to bring them to UPS, very far away, and no UPS pickup to my house is available.  The seller, through several emails, refuses to let me return the item by mail.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you file a SNAD complaint with eBay?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Bottom of EVERY Ebay page is the link to the resolution center. File a not as described complaint through Ebay NOW, since the seller is unwilling to work things out. The seller will be required to send you a prepaid label to return the earrings. When the seller receives them back you'll be refunded. If the seller doesn't send the label within three days, escalate by asking Ebay to step in. Ebay will force the refund.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@catsratz wrote:

I bought dragonfly earrings recently and when they arrived, a shock:  They were described as "small" and are actually TINY - they would have been tiny on a newborn baby.  No diamond chips as described, and so small they could barely be seen.

The problem is eBay has no real contact except by telephone, which I do not use, and shows a return in the process, which it is not.  Since I contacted the seller it's supposed to be an ongoing thing and they won't step in.  However, the seller, in order to issue a refund, compels me to bring this tiny item to a UPS facility.  They began there but arrived by USPS (regular mail service).  I live rurally and it would be a hardship to bring them to UPS, very far away, and no UPS pickup to my house is available.  The seller, through several emails, refuses to let me return the item by mail.

There is no need for eBay to step in.  Your steps are as follows:

1. Request a return through the eBay system ... since the listing said it was supposed to have diamonds, and it did not, then this is a "Not as Described" situation and you do not have to pay for return shipping.
  2. The seller will provide you with a return label.
  3. Carefully package the item, and put the return label on the package.
  4. You should be able to schedule a UPS pickup at your house ... I've not heard of a situation where UPS will not come if you have a pre-printed label.  But, if they won't, then you will just need to go through whatever travel you need to do in order to reach a UPS drop-off location.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Last return label item we had going UPS(not eBay item) they (UPS) wanted $15 to make a pick up.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

From my original post: 

"I live rurally and it would be a hardship to bring them to UPS, very far away, and no UPS pickup to my house is available.  The seller, through several emails, refuses to let me return the item by mail."

Thank you for the replies.  But as buyselljack posted, it costs $15 for UPS to come to my home for a pickup and this is the only option (for some odd reason) the seller wishes and has sent me a (useless, due to UPS cost) label. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply