cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item arrived a week late, package was open, parts missing.

I bought this tool set https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUR-STAR-METRIC-THEAD-DIE-REPAIR-KIT-WOOD-CASE/322461313822?ssPageName=STR...on the 11th and the seller shipped USPS on the 13th. Estimated delivery date was 16th. Tracking # 9505515611997317091178 shows it went on a few detours before arriving today the 24th. When I checked my mailbox I immediatly noticed the package was torn open with no atempt to even tape it closed. After taking it out of the package I see that 6 1/2 peices are missing. So do I file a case for SNAD with Ebay or contact the seller first? There is no inication of insurance on the package if that matters.

package.jpgIMG_8016.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The ebay money back guarentee is posted EVERYWHERE click it read it follow thw directions .

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Doesn't look like they printed online for at least the $50.00 Priority mail insurance.
I would contact seller first & ask if they insured, and explain what happend
From there I guess it would have to be an item not as described.
That's to bad.

Those ready posts are junk
I received a boxed item in a ready post box the seller bought at the post office I am sure, The cardboard was so thin & the box was ripped when it arrived.
My item was intact inside a plastic clam shell so I did ok.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Looks like a post office printed postage label for $18 on a 3 or 4 pound package. Opened a return request based on missing parts.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I ALWAYS give the seller the chance to make things right. Insurance is not your problem even if it had insurance. I would just say, "Hi, received the widget today, however the package I received was torn open and a few pieces are missing. How do you want me to proceed?". 90% of sellers will say "I'm so sorry, I'll pay return shipping and refund you" 5% will say "Up yours, I said no returns" and 5% will act like a dear in the headlights. You have 30 days from when you received it open a SNAD (not as described) case in eBay (which this is). Do NOT let your remedy go beond 30 days without a case open.

Playing devils advocate here, I will say its almost impossible for the item to be missing dies as that would mean the  item would have to jump out of the bag, unlock, the top open, the dies fall out, the top closes again, then locks itself (I must admit, that was an assumption) and then jumps back into the bag so I have to assume there is more to this story.

Just so you know, I'm NOT accusing anybody of anything (it seems that people are wound a bit tight today in my experience).

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I posted about this in another thread a few days ago https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Priority-Mail-package-not-delivered-after-8-days-now-...  The story is in the tracking. For a time, it said, package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. From the looks of the hole in the package, I could imagine the box came out of the package if it was dropped and the contents spilled on the floor. Some of the pieces are probably still in the sorting room.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Is there a rubber stamped message or label on the package that states the package was received opened?  I know if the package is damaged and empty there is usually a message about "Package received without contents" or similar wording.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If it arrived late & in this condition with pieces missing WHY did you leave possitive feedback for the seller??  The seller could use your positive feedback after receiving it against you when you file a SNAD case~~claim you took what you needed and want to return the rest.  Ebay COULD very well rule in the sellers favor.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Got a refund this morning, then left +FB.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Plus the package should have been delivered in a clear plastic bag USPS SOP.  Have had a couple items delivered with torn packaging and each time there was a stamped notice and  a clear bag wrapping.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 10 of 10
latest reply