cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pass on my Ebay UPS shipping discount to my buyers on just a couple of items?.

I understand the shipping settings can be changed  to offer Ebay negotiated UPS discount rates, however, I  would only want to offer this option on a couple of  listings that are very heavy and would incur over $70 in shipping fees.  If I change the shipping option, it would affect all of my listings.  Is offering free  shipping on these items the only alternative?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Is it possible to pass on my Ebay UPS shipping discount to my buyers on just a couple of items?.

It's a global setting, not a listing level setting, so the answer is no.

You can lower the item price to reflect a discount.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Is it possible to pass on my Ebay UPS shipping discount to my buyers on just a couple of items?.

You could them a flat rate. That can be done on any listing, and they won't see the calculator..

You can figure out the rate eBay would charge you and then use that as the flat rate. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

One way to offer the online rate in your listing is to offer Parcel Select Ground, which is probably a good choice for a heavy item anyway.  The new USPS rates that went into effect in January have LOWER rates for Parcel Select, so now it's often a lot cheaper than Priority.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  It would be difficult to use a flat rate, as New York area would be around $25,  Chicago Area $45, and West Coast Closer to $70, and of course I have no way of knowing who might purchase it

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately we are looking at a 25 x 25 x 7 box weighing 12 lbs.  Parcel Select is even more than UPS

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Oops,I didn't read the OP closely and so i apologize for overlooking your comment about wanting to ship via UPS.  One way to fudge the rate is to enter a lower weight or dimensions so the faux retail price is about equal to the actual online rate.  You can also set up chipping tables to charge specific prices to various states and zones.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much! 

That might work. Just need to look up how to set up shipping tables.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

You have to use the Advanced version of the listing form (AKA business tool), and choose flat rate shipping. Then if you have set up a table it will show up as an option under the flat rate checkbox.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089

https://www.ebay.com/ship/rt/?client=1&locality=DOMESTIC&shippingDisplay=Create&basePath=https%3A%2F...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Let me be the one to rain on your parade.

I do not ship UPS, so I have no actual experience in it happening, but some report that eBay label prices shown, and UPS " after the fact" actual charges can vary greatly, as apparently there are numerous "surcharges" that may apply that are not shown with the eBay label "estimate".

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the info.  Would this mean then all my listings will have to be associated with the rate tables I set up?  As it will just be several listings that I am interested in using the rate tables for

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Rate table is completely optional, per listing. Set one up and use it just once, if that's what works for you.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply