cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 12 days to deliver to shipper understandable with pandemic ?

"Thanks for using our service. My deepest apologies, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic expansion now has an extended delivery time"    

Response, I got when questioning why it took 12 days to deliver for shipment.   My thoughts are this is not slow delivery time (U.S.P.S./FEDEX/U.P.S.)  this is delay in getting item to be shipped.

If you want to anger a conservative tell him a lie. I you want to anger a liberal, tell him the truth ~former President, Theodore Roosevelt
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is 12 days to deliver to shipper understandable with pandemic ?

Was there an estimated delivery date in the listing? Did your item arrive within 5-7 days past that?

It has been announced several times here that shipping is delayed right now because of several factors, including the fact that the USPS has closed several sorting facilities.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You should be able to see when the label was created and how long it took before it reached the carrier in your order details. I have a package that was sent SmartPost on the 15th that is suppose to arrive today. Took 3 days for FedEx to get it to USPS in the same city. And it got to the carrier the same day it was marked shipped. So yes, everyone has been slowed down.

After 22 years of buying nearly 1000 items... My concern is the delay in taking to shipper not the shipping delay.

Now

Delivery: Estimated between Tue. Jun. 02 and Thu. Jun. 04 to 16254

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dash-Mini-Maker-The-Mini-Waffle-Maker-Machine-for-Individual-Waffle-Nonstic...

Original order

Order status: Paid Paid $13.99 on May 15, 2020 15:14 PDT Estimated delivery: Thu. May. 21 - Tue. May. 26
Tracking number: 1Z838A7V0302932684
Order number: 09-05043-21664    

If you want to anger a conservative tell him a lie. I you want to anger a liberal, tell him the truth ~former President, Theodore Roosevelt
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@vintagevmax ,

When you are looking at the listing today it will show the estimated delivery dates based on the date you are looking.

The "Order details" will show the correct estimated delivery dates based on the date you purchased the item and paid.

As long as the item gets to you by the last estimated delivery date there shouldn't be any problems.

When sellers don't ship within their handling times they receive a defect but eBay may have eased up on that policy due to the pandemic.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The company I work for operated at about 30% of total staff for several weeks once our lockdown was lifted. A lot of orders got packed and shipped late.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply