cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping Heads Up

So I just started shipping Internationally . I had two sales, one in Puerto Rico, another in England. Great stuff! 10 days pass and the customer from Puerto Rico emails me saying he hasn’t gotten his product yet. I go to the tracking info and it says that the product arrived in Kentucky on time and that it was delivered. I told the customer to please be patient and that the package is in pursuit to him. He was like okay thanks. The next day I get an email from Pay Pal saying a customer was charged for something they didn’t buy and a case was opened. I jump on this and it says the package was in Kentucky and delivered. So I took the tracking info and submitted to Pay Pal. So basically this person was trying to catch me not paying attention and was she wrong. I called Pay Pal and found out no less did she not follow typical protocol and first try to settle it with me first, nor did she make any notice to eBay, and then goes over Pay Pals head and straight to her bank she used that was connected to her pay pal. This is a red flag! She is trying to get over on me, eBay, and Pay Pal. If I didn’t fight back she would have gotten away with it and got her money back, shipped for free, and the product just by claiming she didn’t make this purchase. I know she did, as well does Pay Pal, so when you ship thru eBay International Shipping Program you send the product to its Kentucky headquarters and your job is done. They then are responsible for getting it to them and I’m good to go. They don’t keep you in the loop with a tracking number they use so now your in the dark and a customer is like where is my product and I’m just hoping it’s just taking long. If eBay International Shipping is going to take over the last part of the sale then they should reach out to the customer letting them know they are now the point of contact, not the seller anymore. PayPal no less payed me the money she owed me but most likely will take a loss on this transaction because her bank is taking her word and that PayPal has to eat it, and why they take the hit because as a seller we are protected from scams like this but it was a victory this day for me, but because they seem like a great buyer and 100% positive feedback because she runs to her bank and how unethical of a  bank to just allow someone’s word be so strong that they either don’t care about if she is lying or not nor do they care that this women is using them and the greed of just being about the money and if she buys as much as it says she does on eBay then they are even more pathetic as she probably does like 5 to 10 purchases then throws in her I didn’t pay scam and gets away with it. No doubt this was not the first time. I will be reporting her to eBay because I’m an honest seller and if buyers want to be thieves then they will get caught if all sellers stay sharp an never let any dollar amount just get swept under the rug because things happen and mistakes but let’s get real here and stop allowing scams to happen do to lack of awareness. Metro Booming. 

Bobby Van Peenen
ApexNeeds LLC
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Puerto Rico is not a foreign country
It is part of the US
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes true but the sale still went thru international shipping program