cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I resolved open case refunded buyer does he keep item?

So I have a ebay that claimed damaged item.  I refused the return he opened up a case.  

Rather than to continue with this whole mess I went ahead and refunded his money immediately after receiving ebay email that they are stepping in.  

Does the buyer have to return the item or do they keep it?

I really hope he returns it, $600 item. 

I'm assuming he'll return it but I'm confused as I didn't see any messages indicating that the case is now close and the buyer must return item.  

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you refunded before issuing a return label, you have to hope the buyer is honest and sends it back
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Don't hold your breath about getting the item back.  Once the buyer has been refunded, he/ she has no incentive to return it.

You should have accepted the return in the first place, supplied a return label, then waited for item to be returned, THEN issued the refund.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@nezayque wrote:

So I have a ebay that claimed damaged item.  I refused the return he opened up a case.  

Refusing a return on a damaged item claim is a mistake.

Rather than to continue with this whole mess I went ahead and refunded his money immediately after receiving ebay email that they are stepping in.  

This is your second mistake.  When you refunded without a return, you have now effectively said that you don't want the item back.

Does the buyer have to return the item or do they keep it?

I really hope he returns it, $600 item. 

I'm assuming he'll return it but I'm confused as I didn't see any messages indicating that the case is now close and the buyer must return item.  

Can someone help?

The buyer does not have to return it.  You can politely tell they buyer that you are inexperienced with eBay and made some mistakes in the return process, ask the buyer to return it, and supply the buyer with a return label.  Beyond that, this is all you can do ... just hope that the buyer is kind.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply