cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a FedEx label /w EBay, but its past that date. Will their pickup carrier still honor that?

I bought a FedEx label via eBay ON Sunday for Tuesday. I scheduled a pickup for that date. The pickup guy comes and doesn't knock or blow the horn. He barely leaves and comes right back into my driveway and stops(MUST HAVE SEEN ME IN ORDER TO MAKE THE DECISION TO COME BACK), as I see the truck and am standing at the door. Before I can get my package out(FAR HEAVIER THAN NORMAL), the Budget truck(NOT OFFICIAL FEDEX) leaves again!

A GUY CALLS ME TO TELL ME THAT THE PICKUP GUY HAD RAN ALREADY. I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT HAPPENED AND THAT MY LABEL WAS FOR TUESDAY. HE STILL SAID THAT EITHER THE PICKUP MAN WOULD BE BACK TODAY(TUESDAY) OR HE'D BE BACK TOMORROW. HE DIDN'T COME BACK.

NOW, I AM WAITING FOR PICKUP TODAY AND THE DATE HAS PAST THE TUESDAY DATE ON MY LABEL; WILL A FEDEX PICKUP CARRIER HONOR THE LATE LABEL? IF HE DOESN'T, THEN WHAT DO I DO?

NOTE: WE DO HAVE A FEDEX DROPOFF IN MY CITY(NO STORE NEAR US), BUT THE VOLUME OF THE PACKAGE IS BIGGER THAN THE VOLUME THAT FEDEX DROPOFF ALLOWS. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I bought a FedEx label /w EBay, but its past that date. Will their pickup carrier still honor that?

You are expected to ship on the label date, but you will be OK if it is a little delayed ... your customer will get a shipping exception/delay message on the tracking.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

FedEx labels don't go stale to my knowledge (like USPS labels), and they are not billed for unless actually used.

How you paid for pickup I do not know. You called to schedule pickup and paid via CC over the phone? (since pickup is not something you can schedule or pay for via eBay labels)

The label is fine.

If it really, really bothers you, print a new one (and void the old one - even though the old one will not be billed anyway as it's unused). A problem with printing a new one is that it adds another tracking number to the sale. Only a problem in terms of potential buyer confusion, and messy looking tracking though.

FedEx Ground/Home Delivery uses contractors. Ground is a totally separate company from Express under the FedEx corporate umbrella.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply