cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get credit for shipping replacement when eBay only gives me option for refund?

A buyer received an item that he said did not work.  I offered a refund or replacement and he wanted a replacement.  I received the returned item and have already shipped the replacement with the new label generated through eBay.  Now I see that even though the new tracking number registered with the transaction I am only given the option of issuing a refund to close out the return.  How can I get credit for having shipped the replacement item?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How do I get credit for shipping replacement when eBay only gives me option for refund?

A buyer should demand a refund instead of a replacement because accepting a replacement could cause the case to time out waiting for it, and what does the buyer do if the replacement is also defective?  They'd be stuck.  The buyer should be refunded and then rebuy the item. Then that item will be covered.  If you haven't sent the replacement refund the buyer and have them buy another one. If you've sent it you can use package intercept and have it returned.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply