cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you find out where a buyer is located? Their bid sometimes doesn't say.

I sell in the USA only and I tell buyers in my listings and also I block out other areas to ship in the ebay where to ship section, I still get people trying to buy from all over the world. Usually when a bid is placed I can find their location but sometimes it doesn't tell.

Thank-you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"How can you find out where a buyer is located? Their bid sometimes doesn't say."

You can't.  eBay does not give the buyer's mailing address to the seller until the buyer's payment has been confirmed.  

"I sell in the USA only and I tell buyers in my listings and also I block out other areas to ship in the ebay where to ship section, I still get people trying to buy from all over the world."

My eBay selling ID also does not ship anything outside the USA.  Sometimes the shipping address that eBay provides is in places within the United States, such as Delaware, Oregon, some addresses in Florida, and most recently, Glendale Heights, Illinois.  Thus, you see, my selling ID is still mailing her sold items within the United States of America.   

If a buyer in Italy or Russia has decided to pay his/her own money to a company located in New Castle, Delaware, who will then forward that eBay purchase to him/her in Europe, it is none of my business.  All I need to do is mail the eBay purchase to the address that eBay gives to me, in New Castle, Delaware.  

By the way, I have never, ever, had a problem with any of those sales or the delivery addresses.  Oh, sure, I  might have to pay eBay an additional 1.65% of the buyer's total payment, but I generally sell low-to-mid priced products, and the few extra cents to eBay do not really hurt me.   One other little detail:  that 1.65% "international fee" is not charged when an item is mailed to eBay's International Shipping hub in Glendale Heights, Illinois.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank-you for the answer

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank-you for the answer.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@9786joseph wrote:

I sell in the USA only and I tell buyers in my listings and also I block out other areas to ship in the ebay where to ship section, I still get people trying to buy from all over the world. Usually when a bid is placed I can find their location but sometimes it doesn't tell.

Thank-you

@9786joseph 

If you have your buyer properly set, buyers who don't have US shipping addresses won't be able to bid or buy your items. 

You may still get international buyers but if they have a US address, whether a freight forwarder, EIS or a relative in the US, they aren't violating any rules and can buy your items.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 5
latest reply