Did you mean: 

Here's an example of the backwardation of components of eBay's return policy

You can fast forward to the middle to the conversation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2dAa-afItU

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That has got to be the single most upsetting, outrageous, and unacceptable thing I have seen since being an ebay member. I joined Jan 2001 and have seen ebay evolve into what it is today, so I know what's what. Im exclusively a buyer but did sell for half a minute at one time. Selling didnt appeal to me so I stopped even though all transactions ended in a positive light. So speaking as a buyer, I am absolutely horrified how good sellers are treated.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that surely Ebay has protocols in place to eventually rid their site of buyers who make it a habit of pulling these types stunts. I want to believe that any time  a buyer makes a return, there is some sort of record kept of returns and if they were  legit or not.

I used to buy a lot on here so returns were inevitable, but never did I abuse the MBG.  There has been plenty of times I couldve and shouldve taken advantage of paypals 180 day return policy because of items being sent that held up just long enough to make me feel confident in giving  seller positive feedback, only for problems to appear shortly thereafter.....laptops come to mind......But I didnt use what was in place for me and that was my choice, but it could never be said I abuse anything. 

As horrified as I was watching that video, I feel I just have to believe that ebay is doing something behind the scenes ,that isnt common knowledge to anyone who isnt a rep, that will keep these sort of things from being repeated....such as flagging a buyers account so if they try to make it a habit of doing things like this, their account will be closed. Maybe all those things that seller was told to do wasnt for nought, maybe ebay had that seller do all those things for the purpose of documenting it on the sellers account for future references so they will know he is one in compliance of what they want from him, and maybe the buyer got a flag for future references as well, and should that buyer repeat that same act, Ebay then could take action on the buyer. Sure that does nothing for the seller of that video, but one occurrence doesnt make the buyer a scammer in Ebays eyes. A pattern has to be established I believe before Ebay passes judgment on a buyer.

Anyway, Im no less horrified even if all that were possible. As a buyer, I am thankful for the MBG, but I am also so very sympathetic to the GOOD and HONEST sellers of this site with what they have to go through because of the horrible sellers AND buyers. One thing I can guarantee any seller on this site....You wont ever experience that sort of thing from me. 

I bought a wireless printer from a seller that was taking the ink cartridges from the printer boxes to sell them seperate for more profit and selling the printers as new. I didnt realize this until feedback started rolling in after I bought mine, complaining about what the seller was doing.

When I got the printer, it wouldnt connect to my network but what I didnt know was the printer wasnt going to work without the cartridges. I had ordered some cartridges before I opened the return, but they had not arrived yet. The return was closed with the seller giving a full refund without a return. 

So the cartridges arrive and I thought, wth will I do with these since the printer doesnt work? I went online and researched the printer and in only ONE place of all the research I done did it state that the printer wouldnt connect to network without BOTH cartridges.....I installed the cartridges and the printer connected to my network.  A working printer....

I immediately sent the seller an email requesting an invoice for the printer. The seller thanked me and sent the invoice.l. I repaid for the printer and my conscience remains clear that I do not contribute to dishonesty no matter what the gain might have been.

Thats the bottom line here really.....If any one person has a moral compass and do they  use it? Or do they suppress it for personal gain. Ebay has to sort through so much but at the same time, run their  business.  Regardless, Im still sympathetic to the honest and good seller. The dishonest and scamming ones, not at all.

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@per50nl_5...very interesting...thank you for sharing...amazing story...!!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply