cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping my customer

Trying to help a customer that got charged $40.00 for shipping from Ebay and I only charged $14.50. How do I talk to someone who can help? none of this helps? Thanks She is in United States not overseas.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Helping my customer

Are we missing some information here?

Your last sale under this ID was on October 5th, so over 2 weeks ago.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

I'm confused. The only listing I see that you've sold with a $14.50 s&h charge is the Piglet/Eeyore mugs.

I see that you have First Class listed (which is no longer available) and don't think these would have been light enough for that, anyway. They would have gone Ground Advantage, though... 🤔

Did the PO treat your package as a Priority shipment and did your buyer pay postage due? If so, you could refund it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

How do you know they were charged $40? 

Was it calculated shipping and if so, were the correct dimensions and weight entered?

Could have been wrong service used to send. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

Maybe nothing to do with it at all, but did you use 'free' Priority Mail supplies to package the item and not ship it Priority Mail?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

How do I talk to someone who can help?

@ruth0741 

I realize that we've not answered this ^^^ question. That's because we doubt that even if you could talk to someone that they'd actually be able to help. It sounds (so far) like the error is on you, but we're not clear.

Answers for our questions to you would be a sure-fire way to allow us to help you. Please return and expand...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

If the buyer was charged "charged $40.00 for shipping from Ebay," her order in her ebay would show that. Ask for a picture. 

If the buyer was charged for postage due by the p.o., there would be stamped markings showing that on the package. The item was sold 3 weeks ago. I'd expect to see a picture of that stamped marking. 

If it's the latter, she'd need to go to the post office to ask them why she was charged so much. 

I calculated shipping for a 5 lb. priority package from your location in Texas to New England and the retail price is only $26.20! (And I doubt your package weighed that much!)

Maybe I'm overly suspicious but I'm doubting the buyer's claim.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

@frankenhobbit wrote:

Maybe nothing to do with it at all, but did you use 'free' Priority Mail supplies to package the item and not ship it Priority Mail?

Even that wouldn't raise the postage due another $40. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Helping my customer

What's the listing number for the item in question? What do you mean by they "got charged $40.00 shipping from eBay"? Have they provided proof of this assertion and an exact amount?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply