cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Shipping small items /NO TRACKING / INR

INR- ITEM NOT RECEIVED =====>

I ship small item in plain white envelope NO TRACKING ITS TOO SMALL AND INEXPENSIVE=== buyer opens case didn't receive it. It has just occurred to me and I need clarification. == If I resend it the same way they SHOULD get it but it will be late so I get a defect correct? If I resend with tracking it will be listed as late shipping and I still get a ding correct and I will lose money because I can't ship it with tracking for under at least $3.50 == If I issue a refund I still get a ding correct? So what do I do, if the item is so small and worth under $5. === It seems I will get a ding /defect no matter what I do am I correct?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help Shipping small items /NO TRACKING / INR

Since the buyer opened a case you will get an item not received mark in you INR metrics but a few of those will not affect you.    Whatever you do will not change that.

If you use ebay shipping and send with tracking,   you will get a late mark as the tracking will show that you did not send the item within your handling time or that it arrived before the estimated delivery date.   When you don't use tracking the only way to get a late mark is if the buyer checks off in feedback that the item was late so sending it without tracking wouldn't affect your late shipment metrics.

The best thing to do imo is to refund the buyer through the case that they opened.  If you send a new item ebay isn't going to know that you did and may end up refunding the buyer anyway. That would result in an unresolved  case defect being given to you which isn't a good thing.

If you are willing to sell to the buyer again, they can repurchase the item after they are refunded.  Or, you can refund them and still send them another one at no cost to them.  I would only do that if I was confident that they are being honest about having not received the item.  If you think they are being dishonest (most people are honest imo) then you should put them on your blocked bidder list.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Okay thank you for that thorough advice. I ended up taking the hit and just sent them the item again with tracking so I'm losing out. I wish people would just contact the seller first so we can resolve it. I have gotten email after I've purchased something that said if their is a problem please contact me first. I may look into doing that. But that's a lot of extra work also.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I resent the item and used tracking. I sent her a picture of the item with the envelope that had the shipping label on it. As soon as I did that she closed the case so that was good.

What really needs to happen is eBay needs to offer the standard shipping for ALL CATEGORIES and I wouldn't have this problem. As it is I use a third party shipping service because most of my postage is for  a small poly mailer or white envelope.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply