cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you shipped to Netherlands using USPS First Class International? Tracking Question....

Usually, when I ship to Netherlands via USPS First Class (not Priority), the USPS "hands off" the parcel to PostNL for the "last mile" delivery. In this case, the customer said they have not received the parcel, (even though it says Delivered) but, to me, something looks awry.....USPS supposedly does not "Deliver" to the residence (see carrier top right of tracking box)...also, it was less than 17 hours from Customs to Delivery...never seen it that fast, ever...........

and...the TOTAL transit time was 7 Days? Way too fast for First Class International....

If you have a recent sale can you check and see if there is a 'hand-off'..... 

Tracking Number is: LZ237925438US

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LZ237925438US

My theory is it was not yet Delivered to the buyer, but delivered to the local sorting center for distribution to PostNL carriers....

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Have you shipped to Netherlands using USPS First Class International? Tracking Question....

Tracking says delivered. It cleared customs it was delivered to  AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS Then several hours later says delivered. I would assume it to be delivered to the buyer. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Do you ship through EIS?

If so eBay is supposed to handle any INRs that go through that service. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have a friend who lives in the Netherlands and have shipped numerous things USPS First Class to her over the years and that tracking looks 100% accurate to me. Even though it's not USPS delivering to the residence, the tracking will still show all of the entries after it arrives in the Netherlands.

17 hours from customs to delivery is not at all improbable-- the Netherlands is not a large country.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

USPS can be fast. I ship all the time to the Netherlands. Was nothing of value declared? That could be why.

Looks like there was an attempt for delivery.  Might be at post office for pick up...or out for delivery again.

Do not refund until buyer opens a claim. Did you google the buyer's address to see what might be going on.

I actually googled a buyer's address today to see if it was a house or something else.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Also, as an example, here is something I shipped to Canada recently via USPS First Class:

Screenshot_14.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks to all for the input....

I did not use EiS for this shipment (did not qualify)

had 80 US declared with 2 items

Have shipped before, but PostNL always appeared on the detailed tracking, that is why I asked.

Lots of good answers here....

Message 7 of 7
latest reply