cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEY EBAY - WTH IS THIS? Why does this keep happening? Guaranteed delivery **bleep**!

Hey ebay - explain to me why this keeps happening!!!

Sold item today - 1 day handling - ship by Monday - guaranteed to buyer buy TUESDAY!!! WTH?

I'M IN MN, THEY'RE IN FLORIDA - 3 DAYS MINIMUM!!!

AND THIS ISN'T SOME ONE TIME GLITCH! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST TIME I'VE SCREEN SHOT IT!

I'VE GOT CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING ALMOST DAILY ABOUT MISSED DELIVERY DATES!!!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

HEY EBAY - WTH IS THIS? Why does this keep happening? Guaranteed delivery **bleep**!

Oh, one last thing - more for the other sellers effected by this - this is what I am now telling my complaints - please feel free to copy it and use it (or a variation thereof) for your buyers...

Hi, I'm sorry your item was delivered late. As you can see from the tracking, we processed and shipped your order within 1 business day as stated in the handling time of the listing. I am aware of the fact that the eBay gave you an estimated or guaranteed delivery date. Quite honestly I'm not sure how they can offer a guaranteed delivery date when they do not control the actions of the post office and the post office itself will not even guarantee its own delivery. Nevertheless, eBay has made it easy for you to file a late delivery notice and get a $5 voucher towards a future purchase placed on your account. I encourage you to file for this voucher, maybe if enough people do, eBay will be a little more realistic with their guaranteed delivery times. You can file for this voucher very easily by going to the "more options" tab next to this item on your purchases page and clicking on the report a late delivery link. As stated in the eBay terms of service for guaranteed delivery, they will gladly give you a $5 credit and handle all further customer support issues. Additionally if for some reason you no longer need the item, they will be more than happy to provide you with a prepaid label at their expense, to send it back. Have a great day and please don't forget to file for the voucher!!!

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@tracdea1 wrote:
brian@ebay
The problem with eBay's GUARANTEED DELIVERY is that the wording makes it seem as if the seller is making the promise.
Buyers are getting upset with sellers who have done nothing wrong, but ebay has given them high and false expectations.

Can you let the movers at ebay KNOW that this GD promise is creating a VERY UNPLEASANT BUYING EXPERIENCE for buyers, and creating havoc for sellers? This is total backfire!

Hi @tracdea1, this is a good insight. I'm happy to pass this feedback over to the shipping team. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Brian,

The system is flawed!!!!

I've been trying to tell you that for days!!!!

Care to explain this one???

ebay tells Buyer to expect it on 05/03 - post office estimate 05/04 - ships on time tomorrow!!!

This is just 1 example from my orders today - there are several!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

brian@ebay 

Let me get this straight. I have a 2 day stated handling time (and I don't accept returns).

Does eBay really want me to change my handling time to 3 or 4 days and use that 3 or 4 days sitting on the orders to insure GD or F 'n F never applies and disappoint buyers that way instead?

A change to 3 day handling will not stop GD from showing up as a possibility until such time as you actually historically use 3 days handling time. 

I have had 3 day handling for a while now, and my items still often show GD. I am not opted into/have never been opted into the GD program.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

>>A change to 3 day handling will not stop GD from showing up as a possibility until such time as
>>you actually historically use 3 days handling time.

Uh.... that's what I said: "change my handling time to 3 or 4 days and use that 3 or 4 days sitting on the orders"

Your phrasing made that point a bit clearer though grin

I'm seriously considering doing it. If it disappoints impatient, impulsive buyers that will just be TFB.

I want to control my selling environment, and know the parameters I operate within - not play this "until it actually happens you have no standing to complain and can call CS and try to do damage control" game.
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Just noticed that one of my shipped items is showing a "Guaranteed" delivery date on the order details page.

Not sure why...never happened before so I know Somethings not working right. 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply